The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need a piano VST that doesn't require me to know how to play piano
Old 17th February 2020
Here for the gear

Question Need a piano VST that doesn't require me to know how to play piano

I have EZ keys and know it has the function where you can tell it what chord you want and in what key, etc, and it'll create it in midi.

I want something that allows me to do that but with much more realistic piano and keyboard sounds. So I can have the software input the chords I want for me and I can edit the rhythm and how the chord is played, etc. (All things I'm not good at on real piano)

I was doing some research for piano vst plugins made for guitar players and people who don't actually play piano but couldn't find anything specific. I saw a lot of great realistic sounding programs but they all looked like they needed someone to actually play them through a midi keyboard.

I want the realism of the sounds but able to use it and add it to my tracks without having to actually play it myself on a keyboard.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Maniac

huh?
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear
What you really want is.....

1) A good sounding piano VST that you enjoy. You can research this, there are too many threads for that already. Tons and tons of options here that sound phenomenal.
2) A good chord generating plugin or a DAW with chord generation features. You can research this also.

You won't find many that do both within one plugin... outside of EZkeys. It's best to split that task up between two plugins dedicated to each task. It will be a billion times better of a result.
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngrind View Post
I have EZ keys and know it has the function where you can tell it what chord you want and in what key, etc, and it'll create it in midi.

I want something that allows me to do that but with much more realistic piano and keyboard sounds. So I can have the software input the chords I want for me and I can edit the rhythm and how the chord is played, etc. (All things I'm not good at on real piano)

I was doing some research for piano vst plugins made for guitar players and people who don't actually play piano but couldn't find anything specific. I saw a lot of great realistic sounding programs but they all looked like they needed someone to actually play them through a midi keyboard.

I want the realism of the sounds but able to use it and add it to my tracks without having to actually play it myself on a keyboard.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
You can use the ezkeys to write your tune and then copy the midi file over to a new track where you have a different piano vsti...
Old 17th February 2020
Here for the gear

... Or just enable MIDI out in EZkeys, and route the MIDI to any other VSTi
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Not sure which plattform you’re on, but did you ever try the smart instruments in GarageBand on an iPhone or iPad?

Might be what you’re looking for.
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngrind View Post

I want something that allows me to do that but with much more realistic piano and keyboard sounds.
I guess you have better ears than me. I think EZ Keys sounds quite realistic.

But if you don't, I think the suggestions here to use that to get the notes down and then simply use another VSTi to get the actual sound are spot on and what I was going to say. You don't have to have it all in one thing.
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear
What? You want to make piano music without learning to play a piano?

Right. I'm sure the emotion will just ooze out of your mouse.
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

You can play chords and soon more with one finger with Scaler from Plugin Boutique. It won´t get better than that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search