The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lynx Aurora vs Apollo X / Babyface Pro FS
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Lynx Aurora vs Apollo X / Babyface Pro FS

Hello there,

I was wondering how the converters of the Apollo X and the Babyface Pro FS hold up with the old Lynx Aurora converters?

Has anyone compared them?
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

I've had Mytek, Apogee . Lavry, plus various lesser desirable converters. I currently have a RME UFX (main interface) and a Lynx Aurora 16 (adat). Both are very close, but the UFX has a digital edge in the high mids that do not like, while the Aurora 16 is so smooth.from the tight sub lows, solid detailed mids to the silky hyper highs... my ears are super sensitive to this 800hz - 17k range. The UFX is awesome and use it for secondary live tracking, but wow that Aurora... (I'm splitting hairs here.. ) either one will get the job done. Plus RME TolalMix alone is incredible. I am saving up for a second Aurora 16 prob with TB or just the card. by the way.. I only record at 24-bit 48K. and love the results.. Aurora's just translate well.. So I trust them after trying on many playback devices. I am in no way affiliated with Lynx.... I just stand by a quality product & would like others not to waste money like I did, hunting down a workable converter... This is only my experience.. so I hope this helps... oh, by the way... I don't plan in getting the Aurora (n).. when the Aurora 16 gets me what I want. just more of them ! -CHEERS....
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Lynx converters are amazing.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I just got an Apollo X6, coming from the Babyface pro...I really like the D/A of the Apollo, much smoother and revealing compared to the Babyface pro. The first day it actually sounded super soft to me and I was a little unsure if I’d like the Apollo sound. But, after a few mixes I really feel like my ears fatigue a lot less and I can hear a little deeper into a mix. It was a bigger change than I was expecting to hear from a converter to be honest. The A/D is something I’m still evaluating between the 2. I feel like the Apollo represents the low mids and mids a little better than the Babyface pro does and that’s something to get used to. The Babyface pro makes an amazing mobile rig interface though and I’m keeping it until something better comes along. It’s so stable and reliable.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search