The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which USB audio Desktop interface?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Which USB audio Desktop interface?

hi,
I aim to get rid of my Motu 828 mk2 fw and my monicon monitor controller, so I am looking for small USB desktop audio interfaces around 1.000€ since I do not need so many I/Os anymore. Needed: very good A/D conversion, driver/IF stability, 2 Headphones out, 2 Monitors out(is there any in the price range?), 2 Mic/HiZ, stereo line in, Windows 10/Cubase 10.5 compatibility. Mainly distorted/acoustic guitar and vocals recording, drums ITB(AD2).

I looked at these three(there is a huge difference in price):

SSL 2+
Apogee Duet
Apogee Symphony Desktop

and these two:

Motu m4
UAD Twin Duo USB

Do you all have recommendations/advice?

thanks!

Last edited by lowtech; 4 weeks ago at 01:06 PM.. Reason: added the duet
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtech View Post
hi,
I aim to get rid of my Motu 828 mk2 fw and my monicon monitor controller, so I am looking for small USB desktop audio interfaces around 1.000€ since I do not need so many I/Os anymore. Needed: very good A/D conversion, driver/IF stability, 2 Headphones out, 2 Monitors out(is there any in the price range?), 2 Mic/HiZ, stereo line in, Windows 10/Cubase 10.5 compatibility. Mainly distorted/acoustic guitar and vocals recording, drums ITB(AD2).

I looked at these three(there is a huge difference in price):

SSL 2+
Apogee Duet
Apogee Symphony Desktop

and these two:

Motu m4
UAD Twin Duo USB

Do you all have recommendations/advice?

thanks!
I am a HUGE fan of MOTU stuff. I own the 828es and absolutley love it. I have also had the opportunity to work with the ultralite mk4. Which I think will suit your needs well. It has the same DAC as the 828es. It is cheaper than the apogee stuff but not by much. Well worth the investment.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessDinosaur View Post
I am a HUGE fan of MOTU stuff. I own the 828es and absolutley love it. I have also had the opportunity to work with the ultralite mk4. Which I think will suit your needs well. It has the same DAC as the 828es. It is cheaper than the apogee stuff but not by much. Well worth the investment.
thanks for the recommendation!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search