The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X Multipressor won't bounce track louder
Old 21st January 2020
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X Multipressor won't bounce track louder

Hi all

My latest plugin software tracks are not as loud as my previous tracks I made with hardware synths 10 yrs ago. The only compressor that seems to get my new tracks matching the volume of my old ones without ruining them in Logic pro x is the Multipressor.

This is my process for trying to get both old and new tracks the same volume. I load up my old track in Logic X, then I load up my new track under my old track and use the mutlipressor to get the volume of the new track roughly the same as the volume of the old one by increasing the gain in multipressor in all 4 bands and also increasing the output.

The problem occurs when I bounce. After bouncing with the multipressor applied directly on the new track, I open the newly bounced track in VLC player and the volume of the track is the same as before I even imported it into Logic and applied multipressor to it. It's as if when I bounce the track, the multipressor plugin is completely bypassed. Yet I've checked the plugin is on with the blue switch on, and it is not bypassed.

Can anyone save me from having to reduce the volume of all my old tracks substantially just to match my new ones?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search