The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dante Monitoring setup
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Dante Monitoring setup

If you own a Dante AoIP studio and own 4 pair of stereo studio monitors how do you have your monitoring setup?

I am having a tough time finding a dante monitor controller with enough speaker outputs to handle my 4 pairs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Grace Design m908?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I thought about the m908 already it sounds really great but expensive and maybe a bit overkill. Very nice unit though for sure

I should add that I own a Ferrofish A32 dante unit. I realize I could come straight out of a DB25 and feed the monitors but I like being able to switch on the fly and control volume with a knob.

I am really curious about other Dante studio owners and their configuration and setup chains etc.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
SSL Nucleus2 has two pair of monitor outs, and headphones.

Otherwise since you have a converter you don’t need a Dante monitor device, you can just use any analog monitor controller.

Other than that search Audinate’s database they list everything.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by filboid View Post
I should add that I own a Ferrofish A32 dante unit. I realize I could come straight out of a DB25 and feed the monitors but I like being able to switch on the fly and control volume with a knob.
Take a look to Antelope Satori (maybe with R4S remote control), it is analog but you could use it with the A32, as said in previous quote. You can switch between 4 monitor pairs.

I think that a Dante solution with 8 outputs would be not cheap in any way.

Last edited by al_net77; 3 weeks ago at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 3 weeks ago
Focusrite RedNet AM2 is a Dante monitor controller with headphone amp as well.
Focusrite RedNet X2P also offers 2 red mic pres and is more like a desktop interface & monitor controller. Really nice box.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_net77 View Post
Take a look to Antelope Satori (maybe with R4S remote control), it is analog but you could use it with the A32, as said in previous quote. You can switch between 4 monitor pairs.

I think that a Dante solution with 8 outputs would be not cheap in any way.
This is exactly what I think I need to solve my problems. I do wish it was a DANTE box as that would be ideally suited but it has enough ins and outs that a simple DB25 connection should solve it.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I hope someday that some DANTE product designer comes up with a super efficient small footprint device about the size of the SATORI controller which will do a staggering amount of optional monitoring connections.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Focusrite RedNet AM2 is a Dante monitor controller with headphone amp as well.
Focusrite RedNet X2P also offers 2 red mic pres and is more like a desktop interface & monitor controller. Really nice box.
I own the AM2 and it is a great device however, it lacks options for multiple connections. An advanced version of this would be stellar!
Thanks for you answer!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I use Nuendo with an Avid Dock, which allows up to 4 sets of monitors to be connected directly to my RedNet 2 (Dante) outputs and controlled from the Dock via Nuendo Control Room. The setup is pretty flexible since you get to define the size of each monitor set (e.g. stereo, mono, 5.1, etc) and then pick monitor/internal and external sources to feed them. You can control everything both on the screen and with the Avid Dock hardware, which has dedicated knob for the volume. This presumes you are using Nuendo or Cubase. I don't know if other Eucon-enabled apps support this, but it works great in Nuendo.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I own the AM2 and it is a great device however, it lacks options for multiple connections. An advanced version of this would be stellar!
Thanks for you answer!!
How about four AM2s? All of the AM2 devices can subscribe to the same stereo Dante transmitter pair. You would have to manage the mutes manually, but you'd have four independent volumes so you could ensure that each is the same dB level if desired.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Thanks for you answer!!
Duh, despite you mentioning it twice in your short post, I completely overlooked the 4 pair situation...pre-coffee state!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

You could go with a DAD DX32R with a Pro Mon monitor controller license. This will give you 64 Dante ch. in (at 48k) and 8 stereo AES outputs. Alternatively you can go Dante out into the Ferrofish and convert to analog:

http://www.digitalaudio.dk/DX32-Digi...idge.2057.aspx

http://www.digitalaudio.dk/PRO-I-MON...ense.2058.aspx

Add finally a MOM as remote control:

http://www.digitalaudio.dk/PRODUCTS/...erating-Mudule

One of the beauties about this solution is that you can easily upgrade to surround and even immersive monitoring, or add more outputs if needed. The DX32R with Pro Mon license also does summing, fold-down and much more.

You can of course also go all-in with a DAD AX32 with an 8 ch. D/A card, Pro Mon monitor control license and the SPQ speaker EQ card.

Drop me an e-mail on jan.lykke (at) ntp.dk if you want more details.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpjl View Post
You could go with a DAD DX32R with a Pro Mon monitor controller license. This will give you 64 Dante ch. in (at 48k) and 8 stereo AES outputs. Alternatively you can go Dante out into the Ferrofish and convert to analog:

http://www.digitalaudio.dk/DX32-Digi...idge.2057.aspx

http://www.digitalaudio.dk/PRO-I-MON...ense.2058.aspx

Add finally a MOM as remote control:

http://www.digitalaudio.dk/PRODUCTS/...erating-Mudule

One of the beauties about this solution is that you can easily upgrade to surround and even immersive monitoring, or add more outputs if needed. The DX32R with Pro Mon license also does summing, fold-down and much more.

You can of course also go all-in with a DAD AX32 with an 8 ch. D/A card, Pro Mon monitor control license and the SPQ speaker EQ card.

Drop me an e-mail on jan.lykke (at) ntp.dk if you want more details.
Another fantastic solution I overlooked!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Thank you everyone for all the great solutions!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search