The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Strictly Digital (No Analog Emulation) Plugins?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Strictly Digital (No Analog Emulation) Plugins?

I saw this quote somewhere on this site: "Digital is amazing when it's not trying to be analog."

So I want to know, what VST plugins do you guys use that are strictly digital and push the sound to its best ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Anything Tokyo Dawn Labs.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemercerx View Post
I saw this quote somewhere on this site: "Digital is amazing when it's not trying to be analog."

So I want to know, what VST plugins do you guys use that are strictly digital and push the sound to its best ?
Most of the algorithmic reverb and multifx plugins are not emulations. Some are just new algorithms others are directly ported from hardware like Lexcion, Eventide.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post
Most of the algorithmic reverb and multifx plugins are not emulations. Some are just new algorithms others are directly ported from hardware like Lexcion, Eventide.
Can u name some that you like?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemercerx View Post
Can u name some that you like?
Eventide are really good. TBH I don't like much else
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
FabFilter
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Izotope and Fabfilter
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Anything Tokyo Dawn Labs.
This. And CraveEQ.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

DMG Audio Equilibrium is an extremely transparent-sounding EQ. The best digital EQ IMO.

DMG Trackcomp - includes (very good) emulations but the default DMG mode is a really good purely digital compressor.

I generally agree with your quote about digital, and apart from a few rare exceptions, I find most analog emulations to be snake oil. They're ruining so many productions and records with rolled off high end, smeared transients and aliasing that people simply aren't hearing for some reason. Digital doesn't have to do any of that.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

CraveDSP,Unfiltered Audio,Sonoris,TDL,DMG Audio are some of my standout digital doing their own thing plugin companies
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The ones mentioned... oeksound... valhalla... waves, plugin alliance, etc... the stuff in your daw

There’s no reason any of us couldn’t make a record with the stock plugins in a good modern daw... we’re pretty dang spoiled now, actually
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

oeksound soothe, spiff and gullfoss

I subscribed to this thread cause I love digital processors for this kind of thing - you can't find this in analog

deesser like pro-ds and e2desser which is detecting slew rate instead being just dynamic EQ
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Leapwing, TDR, Crave DSP, DMG Audio, Airwindows...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

sonnox
zynaptiq
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

For the purpose of information gathering, i encourage you guys to say why you like the plugins you're mentioning
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zerozerozero1 View Post
DMG Audio Equilibrium is an extremely transparent-sounding EQ. The best digital EQ IMO.

DMG Trackcomp - includes (very good) emulations but the default DMG mode is a really good purely digital compressor.

I generally agree with your quote about digital, and apart from a few rare exceptions, I find most analog emulations to be snake oil. They're ruining so many productions and records with rolled off high end, smeared transients and aliasing that people simply aren't hearing for some reason. Digital doesn't have to do any of that.
SNAKE OIL?!?!?!

kidding lol.

Personally I just realized that analog emulation is kind of useless except when it comes to color. We're all listening in digital anyway, so why go back?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Well, real high-end analog gear sounds amazing and I think way surpasses digital. Combine that gear with top converters and the results are stunning. But, and here's the kicker, plugins often do a poor job at emulating this and you end up with what could be described as clichés of "the analog effect" rather than the big, punchy and, yes, transparent sound that high end analog can give you.

So given that, I often take a "pure digital" approach when it comes to plugins with just the odd bit of saturation etc when needed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search