The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Announces All-New LUNA Recording System
Old 5 days ago
  #4201
Manufacturer
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinadsey View Post
wouldn't one option be to release a public beta?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio View Post
LUNA's release involves a cloud backbone/infrastructure to deliver it and its Extensions and Instruments. And that is still being worked on as I type. It's not as if LUNA is sitting and waiting and we're artificially holding it back for a specific release date. If we could just release it, we would.
..
Old 4 days ago
  #4202
Lives for gear
 
andersmv's Avatar
 



Old 4 days ago
  #4203
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonljacobi View Post
Think of it as the dongle. Personally, I don’t see why they can’t just ilok it for portable use and gray the DSP fx, but I’ve dragged guitars all over the world. You do what you have to do. Or not.
Not enough DSP in an arrow to do a mix.
Old 4 days ago
  #4204
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoli View Post
Not enough DSP in an arrow to do a mix.
but if the whole thing is being able to mix on the go, wouldn't you be using 3rd party plugins anyway?
Old 4 days ago
  #4205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz_Oz View Post
the tempo map that LUNA creates from free time recorded audio.... down to what resolution is it.. Bar or Beat?

Cheers

Wiz
Bump
Old 4 days ago
  #4206
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deif View Post
but if the whole thing is being able to mix on the go, wouldn't you be using 3rd party plugins anyway?
No, if I’m on the go I’ve got no reason to use Luna.

Only reason Luna might make sense for me to use is, thanks to Covid, I might not be mixing on the go any longer. I might be in front of my Apollo’s a lot more often from here on out.

Also, I’m not the most financially savvy guy out there but paying $500 for a device that allows me to open my “free” DAW doesn’t sound so great.
Old 4 days ago
  #4207
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoli View Post
No, if I’m on the go I’ve got no reason to use Luna.

Only reason Luna might make sense for me to use is, thanks to Covid, I might not be mixing on the go any longer. I might be in front of my Apollo’s a lot more often from here on out.

Also, I’m not the most financially savvy guy out there but paying $500 for a device that allows me to open my “free” DAW doesn’t sound so great.
Completely agree. I was just trying to be a smartass.

I'm still excited to try this out but it's going to have to be an incredible improvement to my workflow for me to drop Logic and Console.
Old 4 days ago
  #4208
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoli View Post
Not enough DSP in an arrow to do a mix.
I'd just assumed that you would be using computer FX on the go. If you're relying on the Apollo processing then you need it with you no matter what DAW you're using.
Old 4 days ago
  #4209
Hurry up, there has never been a better time to learn a new DAW.

I know, I know, just sayin'
Old 3 days ago
  #4210
Manufacturer
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz_Oz View Post
the tempo map that LUNA creates from free time recorded audio.... down to what resolution is it.. Bar or Beat?

Cheers

Wiz
Tempo maps are bar based.
Old 3 days ago
  #4211
Manufacturer
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Hurry up, there has never been a better time to learn a new DAW.

I know, I know, just sayin'
Everyone is going as fast as they can.
Old 3 days ago
  #4212
Gear Maniac
Wait until it’s ready. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. And guess who will complain the loudest about bugs or missing features?
Old 3 days ago
  #4213
Gear Nut
 
Digital Black's Avatar
 

I apologize if this has been answered already:

Will V1 have support for Catalina? If not, when (super ballpark) can we expect it?

The 16" MBP is calling my name...
Old 2 days ago
  #4214
Manufacturer
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonljacobi View Post
Wait until it’s ready. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. And guess who will complain the loudest about bugs or missing features?
It's being accelerated for sure. And it will have bugs and be missing features that DAWs that have been in development for decades have. No way to avoid that. And people will complain about this free release.
Old 2 days ago
  #4215
Manufacturer
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Black View Post
I apologize if this has been answered already:

Will V1 have support for Catalina? If not, when (super ballpark) can we expect it?

The 16" MBP is calling my name...
Mojave and Catalina.
Old 2 days ago
  #4216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonljacobi View Post
Wait until it’s ready. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. And guess who will complain the loudest about bugs or missing features?
I'm just reluctantly opening a new Pro Tools session today, just to sample some drums for a project.
Old 2 days ago
  #4217
Gear Maniac
 

How will hardware inserts work in Luna?
Old 2 days ago
  #4218
Manufacturer
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephew312 View Post
How will hardware inserts work in Luna?
No hardware inserts in V1. But we know how important they are for many users.
Old 2 days ago
  #4219
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio View Post
It's being accelerated for sure. And it will have bugs and be missing features that DAWs that have been in development for decades have. No way to avoid that. And people will complain about this free release.
True that. ;-)
Old 2 days ago
  #4220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio View Post
No hardware inserts in V1. But we know how important they are for many users.
Would appreciate if you could introduce an easy workflow comparing hardware inserts (like dangerous liaison) to shoot out different hardware comps with level compensation or different eqs from within the daw ( maybe in V2)

Last edited by tomteontour; 5 hours ago at 07:56 AM..
Old 14 hours ago
  #4221
Here for the gear
So, it looks like it'll release within 2 weeks from today
Attached Thumbnails
Universal Audio Announces All-New LUNA Recording System-img_4173.jpg  

Last edited by Ripz; 14 hours ago at 11:01 PM.. Reason: image attachment
Old 13 hours ago
  #4222
Gear Maniac
 

Good to hear!
Old 4 hours ago
  #4223
Lives for gear
 

And just when I got myself a new octo!

I'm gonna dive straight into LUNA. I need a new mixing environment, and those native Studer instances will be very welcome. That + 12 cores of UA DSP oughta be enough for getting by

If they ever port the Neve film console plugin to LUNA extension, thats game over for me.. I'll be good for years!
Old 4 hours ago
  #4224


Great
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump