The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I’ve got 2 free waves plugins, which to get?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I’ve got 2 free waves plugins, which to get?

Hey Slutz, looking for some recommendations on which waves plugins to get. I have a credit for 2 waves plus.

I’ve currently got the Abbey Road Saturator, the CLA 1176 and LA2A comps,

and for tracking I’ve got the antelope discrete synergy 8 and edge solo mic which comes with some preamp sims mic sims, and eq comp etc but these can’t be used as vst.

I’m mostly writing fully in the box other than vocals, and axefx for guitars. Prog metal genre.

Are any of the mastering plug chains worth having for someone that knows nothing about mastering? It would maybe be nice to have some dumbed down mastering chain to help my demos.

Other thoughts? Eq or fx that are known to be good in the Waves flavor?

Thx!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

The API 2500 compressor is really great. The HLS channel is super cool when its right. The API EQs are good too.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

H-Delay gets used in pretty much all of my sessions. My favorite delay plug-in.

J37 is great for tape saturation. I like hitting it pretty hard with drums, gives them a nice pleasing thump.

The PuigTech EQP1A is a go-to EQ for me. Just like the Pultec EQP1A, it's great for broad EQ moves, like brightening up a guitar. Doesn't have the same sonic character as the real one or the UAD version, but still quite useful.

And finally, the Soundshifter Pitch plug-in, which is by far my most used Waves plug-in. I love pitching things with it to get cool effects. It's pretty clean, and leaves less artifacts than many other pitch tools, depending on what you're putting through it. I use it on drums, synths, guitars, pianos, vocals, everything. It's a super simple interface and always does something cool to the sound.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I would recommend this versatile one

https://www.waves.com/plugins/bss-dpr-402#image
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
If you’re newer (like myself!), Scheps Omni Channel is a massive game changer and gets you super close to lots of different great sounds pretty much instantly. Lots of killer presets from Scheps and other amazing producers.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search