The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apollo Twin mk2 plus ADA8200 via ADAT issues
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Apollo Twin mk2 plus ADA8200 via ADAT issues

Hi all,
I've just bought a ADA8200 to add 8 preamps to my Apollo Twin.

Everything's hooked up and working in the UA Console.

However when I jump into ableton, it seems my drum machine (which is going into the main apollo input 2 on the back of the apollo) is also appearing on input channels 3 / 4 which are supposed to be the first two channels of my ADA8200 which i've got my polysynth going into.

I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why the drum machine is showing up on both input channel 2 AND 3/4 when it should only be only on input 2. It's a mono output (single 1/4 jack).

Anyone else encountered anything similar with these two units together and can shed any light?

Thank you so much
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Hi,

how does that look like in Console settings and I/O Matrix pane?
There you have assignment and order of channels coming from Twin to UAD ASIO or CoreAudio driver (you haven't said, if you're at Mac or PC).

Because if it's at default settings, then eight ADAT input channels doesn't start at 3-4 at Twin, but at 9-10.
You have 1-2 for physical line inputs, then 3-8 for virtual channels coming from Console (MON bus - eg. loopback of Console mix, then four virtual inputs) and after that you'd have physical channels from external converter.

Michal
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thank you.
This was exactly the problem.

I guess it was somehow coming through one of the virtual channels.

Thank you so much for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
Hi,

how does that look like in Console settings and I/O Matrix pane?
There you have assignment and order of channels coming from Twin to UAD ASIO or CoreAudio driver (you haven't said, if you're at Mac or PC).

Because if it's at default settings, then eight ADAT input channels doesn't start at 3-4 at Twin, but at 9-10.
You have 1-2 for physical line inputs, then 3-8 for virtual channels coming from Console (MON bus - eg. loopback of Console mix, then four virtual inputs) and after that you'd have physical channels from external converter.

Michal
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search