The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
bx_console N Questions and Comments
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

bx_console N Questions and Comments

Hi Folks,

I picked up bx_console N a while back but have only recently started using it.

I have a couple of questions and comments about it.

Firstly, does anyone know what the VU Meter is referenced to? I ran a -18dBFS 1kHz sine wave through it and while the dBu meter shows this as 0, the VU Meter shows it as something like -12. Maybe someone could explain this to me.

Secondly, (and this applies to most channel strip plug-ins) why wasn't a Pan knob included?

And finally, does anyone else find the Stereo Mode button poorly implemented? To have a "realistic" GUI but then have a button whose label changes when pressed is strange. Why not have the Stereo Mode button work like the others i,e, when it's pressed it lights up and shows the user that Analog mode is implemented. When it's off, the strip is in Digital mode.

Cheers,

Chris
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

To answer one of my own questions, if you click on the Brainworx logo (bottom right) a popup window opens that enables you to set the reference levels of the two meters. Can't find this mentioned in the manual anywhere!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsmusic View Post

Secondly, (and this applies to most channel strip plug-ins) why wasn't a Pan knob included?
Insert effects don't need pan controls because those are found on the console channel they're inserted on.
It's quite wise as otherwise you could accidentally have two different pan settings on the same channel.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Insert effects don't need pan controls because those are found on the console channel they're inserted on.
It's quite wise as otherwise you could accidentally have two different pan settings on the same channel.
That's a fair point, but then why have the output fader?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Because boosting/cutting frequencies or adding distortion requires level adjustments to maintain gain structure.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Makes sense!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search