The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How would I connect my M0X 8 with the Discrete 4 interface, if it does not have midi
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

How would I connect my M0X 8 with the Discrete 4 interface, if it does not have midi

Greetings to all,

My name is Eduardo and I am interested in buying the Antelope's Interface Discrete 4 Synergy Core.

I currently use Mac Book Pro with HIGH SIERRA, Pro Tools12, a Scarlett Focusrite 8i6, and a Yamaha Motif MOX8.

However, I not sure how would I connect the midi keyboard/MOX 8 to the antelope interface if I buy it.

Yamaha keyboard requiere ASIO DRIVERS, but they are not compatible with Mac. Therefore, I can't plug the MOX 8 via usb, so I currently plug the midi cables to the Scarlett 8i6.

My question and problem is: How would I connect my M0X 8 with the Discrete 4 interface, if it does not have midi inputs ?

• I'm not sure; but could this work ? If I get an adapter of midi ports to a usb
cable; and plug that directly to my Usb Hub where I have plugged the ilook
and SSD drive for Music Libraries.

If I do that; wouln't the Yamaha MOX 8 still require the ASIO DRIVER to be
installed just because I would be using an usb connection instead of MIDI ???

• I also get confused because Pro Tools's Playback Engine would be Discrete 4;
but the midi info would be going directly to the computer through the USB
HUB.
If Discrete 4 is the playback engine, isn't it supposed to be that all audio and
midi inputs should go first to the Discrete 4 ???

• Thank you very much for your suggestions and solutions to this.

I want to upgrade my audio interface, and to adquiere the black friday benefits that are the Edge Solo modeling mic, the Auto Tune synergy, and the Studio FX bundle plus the 36 FX that come with the inferface that also run with 2 DSP Chips.
This is the offer: https://en.antelopeaudio.com/auto-tune-synergy-offer/

And to be able to continue to make music sequences and mockups with my Music libraries with my yamaha keyboard. Without having to buy another keyboard.

What are your thoughts and suggestions to this ?? Thanks to everyone in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
How would I connect my M0X 8 with the Discrete 4 interface, if it does not have midi-discrete-4-front-panel.jpg   How would I connect my M0X 8 with the Discrete 4 interface, if it does not have midi-discrete-4-back-panel.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search