The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
No line6 helix native black friday sale?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

No line6 helix native black friday sale?

Was hoping Line6 would have discounted Helix Native for Black Friday. Anyone know why Line6 chose not to? Seems in line with all the other companies discounting their products even if it is a modest discount. $399 seems a little steep.

I'm not a Line6 homer by any means. I own a Pod 500HD and was pretty pissed when they cut all support for the pedal board years ago. I get it, that's how things work, but I only had it for a couple of years before they stopped supporting it. Sure it still works fine, but they stopped software upgrades years ago, when they moved on to the Pod HD500X. It's as if they completely forgot about Pod 500HD users altogether. Getting the Pod HD500X when the Helix is out seems like a waste (who knows how long they'll continue to support the HD500X) while dropping $1700 for a helix seems like too much money, when they will most likely release an updated Helix in a couple of years. I suppose that is the challenge with digital pedal boards and software. You spend so much money for a product that will be obsolete in a few years.

I also own a Line6 DT25 Tube amp, which I love. Just wish Helix Native was a bit more affordable, especially with all the great competition out there.

Thoughts?
Old 1 week ago
js1
Lives for gear

My thoughts (a.k.a. "guess")....

I don't think that Line6 sees themselves as a software company. They sell devices, with a side of software. If they drop the pricing on Helix, it puts pressure on the pricing of their flagship hardware processors. Being able to get their flagship sounds cheap doesn't help them.

As I said, a "guess".
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1 View Post
My thoughts (a.k.a. "guess")....

I don't think that Line6 sees themselves as a software company. They sell devices, with a side of software. If they drop the pricing on Helix, it puts pressure on the pricing of their flagship hardware processors. Being able to get their flagship sounds cheap doesn't help them.

As I said, a "guess".
Thanks JS1. I suppose that is the reason. I want to like Line6's pedal boards, but after my POD 500HD became obsolete so quickly, I can't seem to muster the enthusiasm to drop $1700 on a new Helix, so I thought going native might be a better option. That said, companies like Neural DSP are creating such amazing products, that even Helix Native seems overpriced. Oh well.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I got Neural DSP on my Rhodes and Wurlitzer Samples/PhysMods and even though I only use it when needed, they’re really good at their amp emulation software.
I also have a Strymon Iridium Pedal (love Strymons) as I love options.
Neural sounds as good in the box.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vee View Post
I got Neural DSP on my Rhodes and Wurlitzer Samples/PhysMods and even though I only use it when needed, they’re really good at their amp emulation software.
I also have a Strymon Iridium Pedal (love Strymons) as I love options.
Neural sounds as good in the box.
Jim,
I stumbled upon Neural DSP after learning about it from a thread I started here. I was utterly unimpressed with all the amp sim software I had tried. Someone mentioned Neural DSP, I listened to several YouTube videos and was sold. I specifically purchased archetype: Plini. Phenomenal Plug right out of the gate without changing any settings.

I never tried Strymon, will have to give it a listen. Thanks!
Jason
Old 1 week ago
They watching
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I got an email with a Helix Native "sale" - save a whole $6!! Woo-hoo!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCProject View Post
I got an email with a Helix Native "sale" - save a whole $6!! Woo-hoo!
Hahahaha.......wait....for...it....bwaaaahahhhahaaahahha no really ->

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search