The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Setting up the routing matrix using a MOTU16A
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Setting up the routing matrix using a MOTU16A

Hi everyone,

This is something that I've really struggled with since I've had this device.

My setup is as follows:

I have 11 analog inputs coming from my mixing desk to the first 11 inputs on the MOTU16A. These are all the drum mics.

I then skip on channel and have a Roland JV2080 synth connected directly to channels 13 and 14.

On the last two channels I have a Kemper Profiler connected directly (channels 15 and 16)

I loaded the preset (live recording and direct monitoring) which has setup the inputs very nicely. I can see every channel receiving audio inputs and I can see the levels on the Main Mix outputs.

My problem is that I hear no sound from the outputs (channel 1 and 2) for live monitoring.

I've watched the tutorial video explaining the routing but the example that the video gives is for a MTOU1248. The video says it's exactly the same for the 16A but it isn't. The main difference is that the 16A does not have "Main Outs" on the back. It has 16 analog inputs and 16 analog outputs.

How do I go about assigning a stereo output on the 16A so that I can hear the output from my computer as well as the direct live mixing from the mics and synths etc?

If there's anyone that can help it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Just connect the computer channels to two input channels of the Motu internal mixer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumfix View Post
Just connect the computer channels to two input channels of the Motu internal mixer.
Thanks for responding. I'm not understanding clearly. I'm not hearing the "live" monitoring through the mixer.

I have my outputs connected to channels 1 and 2 and when playing back from the computer I do hear playback but not the live sound.

Cheers.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search