The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What is causing my Logic output signal to arrive so low to my Motu 828es?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

What is causing my Logic output signal to arrive so low to my Motu 828es?

I have an issue where my "from computer" signal arrives around 15-20db lower to my motu mixer. The gain and fader on the motu mixer are set to zero. (See attached screenshots)

Did anyone encounter this and knows how to resolve it?
Attached Thumbnails
What is causing my Logic output signal to arrive so low to my Motu 828es?-logic.jpg   What is causing my Logic output signal to arrive so low to my Motu 828es?-motu.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItoLevy View Post
I have an issue where my "from computer" signal arrives around 15-20db lower to my motu mixer. The gain and fader on the motu mixer are set to zero. (See attached screenshots)

Did anyone encounter this and knows how to resolve it?
I don't know, does it apply also to sounds from normal applications like web browser, Spotify etc.?

Just from top of my head I can think about two possible issues..

Is there enabled some effect at this stereo strip at AVB Mixer, where you can attenuate signal.. like some enabled compressor?

The other is enabled system volume control for stereo feed "From computer 1-2". This can be enabled by checkbox at devices setup pane in AVB mixer and when this is on, then this first stereo pair from computer can be attenuated by Mac OS audio device volume (either by respective keys or via top menu icon). You can either completely disable that (and then control volume just from MOTU interface panel) or simply turn up the volume to max.

Michal
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Isn’t “zero” an arbitrary level?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is this a final mix?

Notice you don't have any effects on your stereo bus.

Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

As msmucr suggested and as a surprising and very cool private message I got from MOTU support regarding this issue, it was the attenuation my mac decided to apply on my signal - My motu was never chosen as output device so I have no idea how it came to be. But the issue is now resolved!

And yeah, MOTU are awesome! Pro actively reaching out to me because I posted a message on a forum. Amazing!

gdoubleyou, its just a sketch I am working on - not much there
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search