The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need help deciding on a macbook pro
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Need help deciding on a macbook pro

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a new macbook. I currently have a 2014 13" Macbook 2.6 Ghz i5 intel core, 8GB RAM. I am music producer and I do a lot of my own mixing. My DAW of choice is ableton. The main things I want to get upgraded are RAM and CPU.

I have been aiming for 2015 macbook i7, 16gb, 2.8ghz, but wondering if I might do better with a 6 core, which only comes in later models after 2015 (this would be more expensive, but I'd be open to it if its worth it). Any suggestions on what the biggest bang for my buck is? Assuming a budget of $2000. I'd be happy to spend more if the gains are worth it, since this is important to me.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

bump
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Are you going for the 2015 because of the ports?

I guess I just couldn’t bring myself to spend 2k on a 5 year old computer. But I do love that configuration. I’d just be worried I could get something so much faster for that money.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendocino beano View Post
Are you going for the 2015 because of the ports?

I guess I just couldn’t bring myself to spend 2k on a 5 year old computer. But I do love that configuration. I’d just be worried I could get something so much faster for that money.
Yeah I think my main drive behind getting a 2015 is because everyone raves about this year due to durability and also it would be cheaper than a newer model. With that all aside I just want the optimum specs for ableton and want to avoid the unnecessary if possible, which I am having trouble assessing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search