The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio Reliability
Old 2 weeks ago
Antelope Audio Reliability

I'm in the market for a new interface and am considering the Antelope Orion 32+ . The only thing holding me back is some comments regarding the stability that some have mentioned. Also, it seems like their main website has been down a lot lately (it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling when a company can't even keep their website up).

I'm also considering the UA Apollo x16, but would prefer the Orion because of the extra ins and outs.

I'd love to hear from anyone that is currently using an Orion 32+ with windows. Would you recommend it? Is it reliable? Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
I've had the Orion 32+ (not the Gen 3) for about a year. No complaints. Love the flexibility.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

32+ Gen 3 here. Works and sounds great w/ 2018 Mac mini. Have had a few small hiccups here and there with the launcher updates - nothing major. Over the years of different digital audio setups - one of the easiest systems to get stable.
Old 2 weeks ago
Thanks a lot for the insight. Much appreciated. I think I'll pull the trigger on the Orion.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I’m on mac, but I had an Orion 32 which ran perfectly for years with no issue. Upgraded to the 32+ and had some pretty bad issues until I switched over to Thunderbolt (instead of USB). Once I was on TB, it became totally rock solid.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Orion Studio Silver since 2016. Works well and is reliable.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've used an original Orion32 for about 3 years on Windows10 on different PC's via USB2.

On some PC's I couldn't get the 32channel mode to work (mostly laptops), on others I could (mostly desktops).

Since last year I switched to an RME MADIfx card and have now 2 Orion32's attached via MADI. The system is more stable and once configured I never connected the USB cables ever again.

There are a lot of horror stories about Antelope Audio and my personal feeling is they drop support on some products a little too soon to be able to push newer products forwards. They have released an anormous amount of new technology the last 2 years so I can imagine it's hard to keep up with every customers specific configuration/problems.

Herwig
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

On mac no big issues.
I have to restart the server occasionally (clicking one button) but the interface always works even when the software disconnects.
Sounds great. Silver studio here. Yesterday I used the amp plugins and got better results than from my purchased plugins.
Thunderbolt seems more reliable. OSX only experience.
Old 1 week ago
32+ gen3 here.

Two thumbs up.
Old 1 week ago
Second hand Goliath owner and man just do it. Research and don't be afraid to call support when you need to
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

We have 10 Orion’s and HD 32’s coming next week Zero issues so far other than lower power bills and lower HVAC bills too. Those puppies use a fraction of the power of our old I/O
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hmmm! I had written off the possibility of considering Antelope products after reading so many reliability concerns!
Did they fix or improve their drivers, QC and support ? It seems sweetwater even stopped carrying them!
Disclaimer: we have a Gen 1 Goliath and Zentoit from 4 yrs ago which have been rock solid!!
But for a new facility i was considering but got scared by cutomer reports
!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search