The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for an analog emulation plugin to use on every track
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Looking for an analog emulation plugin to use on every track

The FrontDAW sounds too bright to me and Airwindows' effect is noticeable and what I currently use, but still doesn't feel warm enough.

Obviously the best answer is to get a really expensive console but I don't have that kind of time or money.

I care less about accuracy than what's actually being done to the signal - is it adding distortion, is it becoming darker? Would it entirely cancel out in a null test or would there actually be a difference?
Old 1 week ago
Have a look at Slate VCC...
Old 1 week ago
Stock eq low pass
Old 1 week ago
Waves NLS
One of the Plugin Alliance Console emulations: BX Console N? SSL E?
Klanghelm SDRR
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Kazrog True Iron, most definitely.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Blackrooster's VPre-73
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Dunno if you're in the UK, if so and you're jsut starting out in your hunt for plugins, it's worth grabbing a copy of Computer Music.
They have some nice channel plugins, if you don't get on with these then you don't need anything else other than more experience! I still use the CM Satson quite a bit despite having lots of more expensive options.

"Analogue" sounding stuff includes:-

EQs
Pink CM, really warm!
AF2-CM
Program EQ CM - a half decent pultec

Pres/channels
6X-500 CM
Satson CM - fantastic on all channels.

Filter
Valvefilter-CM (cracking!)

plus loads more but these stand out to me - there are some nice compressors too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'd recommend taking a look at the SoundToys Radiator. I use it when I can't be bothered to switch on, and fiddle with the racks, or when I want to work at pace. To me it rarely sounds like a compromise. I had an Altec 1567a for a while before the plug arrived. Very similar action. Anyway... Definitely worth a look.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Klanghelm SDRR is very cool on the mixbus but then again so is their free plugin IVGI which is free. Check out IVGI.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhollos View Post
I'd recommend taking a look at the SoundToys Radiator. I use it when I can't be bothered to switch on, and fiddle with the racks, or when I want to work at pace. To me it rarely sounds like a compromise. I had an Altec 1567a for a while before the plug arrived. Very similar action. Anyway... Definitely worth a look.
Radiator is brilliant and I like Little Radiator even more! On sale for £27 each at the mo. Decapitator is only £45 too - another great.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/manuf.../153-Soundtoys
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I go through phases of this ... lately it's Kazrog TrueIron on every channel, followed by Softube Tape (15ips) . On the 2bus another Tape (30ips) and a hardware transformer path (Capi VP28).

I used to use Waves NLS before but that was a little too cloudy (the SSL channel was the only one I liked). Decapitator and/or Radiator on every channel was a bit too much to my taste as well.

Never tried Slate or Acustica stuff.

Herwig
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
I go through phases of this ... lately it's Kazrog TrueIron on every channel, followed by Softube Tape (15ips) . On the 2bus another Tape (30ips) and a hardware transformer path (Capi VP28).
Yeah, I dig Softube Tape - I find I often use it over the UAD alternatives of which I have all of them.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
I hate to be a buzzkill, but save your money and buy a nice piece of analog gear. This will get you more bang for your buck then anything.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla View Post
I hate to be a buzzkill, but save your money and buy a nice piece of analog gear. This will get you more bang for your buck then anything.
True - if the Silver Bullet was available 10 years ago if would have saved me a lot of dosh! I didn't buy many plugins before 2008-2010ish because I didn't think (on the whole) they sounded that good.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla View Post
I have plenty of analog gear - in fact over 60 channels of transformer-driven, tube-licious, op-amp-oozing stuff. I still want *more* of it.

Every step I make is just a small step in reigning in the transients and getting to the point of glueing stuff together so my TrueIron and Tape settings are *very* subtle, but it's those 1000 millimeters together that make up the sound I want/like to hear.

A tape machine (or a gazillion Zulu boxes) will never fit in my budget, nor will a decent-sized, automatable console. So I'll gladly use these.

Herwig

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search