The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EZ Drummer tracks for acoustic performance
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

EZ Drummer tracks for acoustic performance

Hi All....

I've been creating drum tracks for my acoustic/electric guitar duo using EZ Drummer. Sometimes the beats are too much and seem too bombastic for the stripped down sound of a duo. I like the full sound of the drums sometimes but often it overpowers the performance.

Well hello all you music creators!

We are a live guitar/vocal duo (acoustic/electric) performing out!

I was looking into the Boss DR01S as it has many jazzy/bossa nova and percussion beats that work well with what we are doing. Also folk rock and originals influenced by Beatles, Byrds, Beach Boys, Neil Young, Steely Dan, Bacharach.

We are doing stripped down duo versions of these highly produced recordings. It works well!
https://sunrisehighway.bandcamp.com/...unrise-highway

Then somebody suggested I still use EZ Drummer as playing along with any drum machine can get boring quickly. I can see that. They said I should get the Latin Percussion EZX pack and replace the current patterns kick and snare with more acoustic percussion instruments like the timbale, shaker...etc.

Would these percussion instruments show up as a new drum set?
How would I assign a different percussive instrument to say the kick and snare of a beat I already have?

Aside from removing all of one instrument in a midi block is there any other more editing you can do in EZ Drummer.....like merge tracks so I can have layers of percussive instruments that I can export as one drum track file?

I imported a midi pattern into my DAW (samplitude) and tried editing there. I usually mess up fills when I try to do them manually. But I would sometimes like to move more than one midi instrument from a drum track or have it play certain times...not all the time. And adding one shots to an existing track.

Also I have a bunch of 3rd party midi pattern blocks....is there any way I can use them in the "song creator" function.

Obviously I have a lot to learn about EZ drummer. But it is easier than BFD2 which I have abandoned as I don't have my V drums or the pro drummer who used to do tracks for me.

Also is it better to get the packs from Toontrack direct or ebay. I see the prices on ebay are less than they are with the toontrack black Friday sales?

Is it better I buy them from Toontrack as some of the ebay packs are downloads or shipped from Europe or Russia to the US...I am in NYC.

Thanks a lot. Any input is really appreciated.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search