The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CUEMIX help needed BADLY! Please assist.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
CUEMIX help needed BADLY! Please assist.

I have a couple of basic Cuemix questions that I just can't seem to get satisfying answers to.

1. I want to monitor with compression on my vocal mic but not record it. But I don't want to compress the entire play back, either. It seems I can monitor with compression but only if I am prepared to compress the entire playback. Does that make sense? I feel like this should be very simple to answer, but it hasn't been.

2. Can I control parameters as specific as the compressor release from the front panel?

I want to make fine adjustments to the compressor's release parameter, but I can't make adjustments fine enough. In the space of a fraction of an inch, the release can go from 10ms to 170ms! It is like the values between 30ms and 150ms are inaccessible. I have tried shift +, control +, alt+, control/shift, etc.

I am hoping I can control compressor release from the front panel, allowing me fine control. But it looks like only general settings can be controlled from the front panel.

This should not be difficult and instruction totally accessible, and yet.

I basically want to compress the hell out of my vocal mic, but only for monitoring. And I want a 40ms release, is that so much to ask?

Anyway, I know this sounds like the dumbest question, but I would really appreciate a definitive answer.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search