The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube Black Friday Sale worth it?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Softube Black Friday Sale worth it?

Hey guys, I am in love with Softube Weiss DS1-MK3. Fantastic plugin! Will buy it sooner or later this year.

I am wondering is it worth to get it right now? Does anyone know the sale pattern of Softube? I don’t want to rush to buy it right now and then found a lower price next month during their Christmas sale... that will kill me...

Please share you opinion with me my friends!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I'd say get it right now. The amount of use you get out of it between now and whenever it might go back on sale is worth the money. The Weiss collection is *awesome*.

Here's a tip: everyplugin.com knocks even more money off! I just got my black Friday Drawmer 1973 for $116, instead of softube's direct black Friday price of $139.

Have fun going broke saving money!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I think Softtube said they would reduce the plugins further on Friday it's self but I'm not sure how much by.

I was a bit disappointed with their reductions but I think that's because I have been spoilt by Waves and PIA.

Thank Wheever, I was only going to be able to afford one more plugin, now things to your info, I might be able get 2!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheever View Post
I'd say get it right now. The amount of use you get out of it between now and whenever it might go back on sale is worth the money. The Weiss collection is *awesome*.

Here's a tip: everyplugin.com knocks even more money off! I just got my black Friday Drawmer 1973 for $116, instead of softube's direct black Friday price of $139.

Have fun going broke saving money!
Great information! Thanks a lot man! I am just wondering will you see it in Softube Central if you buy them from everyplugin.com?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Enstrom View Post
I think Softtube said they would reduce the plugins further on Friday it's self but I'm not sure how much by.

I was a bit disappointed with their reductions but I think that's because I have been spoilt by Waves and PIA.

Thank Wheever, I was only going to be able to afford one more plugin, now things to your info, I might be able get 2!
You do know that when you buy the big daddy ds-1 mK III YOU GET ALL THE OTHERs in the Weiss series, TOO! The maximizer, the comp/lim and the deesser! Total bargain.

The deesser on the maximize is fantastic, I don't even bother with the stand alone Weiss deesser.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheever View Post
You do know that when you buy the big daddy ds-1 mK III YOU GET ALL THE OTHERs in the Weiss series, TOO! The maximizer, the comp/lim and the deesser! Total bargain.

The deesser on the maximize is fantastic, I don't even bother with the stand alone Weiss deesser.
Right. But it doesn’t really a 1+3=4. ‘Cause ds-1 really had it all. Consider it as 3 more portable interfaces and presets. Very nice though!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

DMG Limitless is superior but its your money
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Enstrom View Post

When you have a Softube account you should have gotten a mail with a code for an extra 10% off.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbf View Post
DMG Limitless is superior but its your money
Totally disagree. I have both and tend to use the Weiss far more. Why? It puts a sort of polish on the master that limitless doesn't.

Not to say that limitless isn't fantastic, and better for dealing with really broken mixes, but I prefer the sound of the Weiss.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I really want the American Class A, but $199 for a plugin is not a sale price, sorry.
It's too much even if that was full price.
I am a big Softube fan but that kind of money for a single plugin is not where the market should be at.
Giving it away for free to people that are only just now buying a C1 when we took the plunge way before is an insult.
At $99 on sale as an existing C1 owner I would buy it, but not 199.

Even with the extra 10% discount you can still get it cheaper on other sites like everyplugin.com as mentioned, it's 160 odd bucks on there.
Old 1 week ago
eor
Gear Addict

big fan of their stuff. everything i've gotten of theirs has been both a winner and fairly easy to use, which means a lot to someone like me. my absolute favorite is the free saturation knob (obviously). that's like the best plug in ever. but the tsar r1, and drawmer s73 are both life savers. love the tube reverb and i've had good results with the eden bass amp, too. i think their tape is a fair bit better than the waves abbey road one, though it doesn't do delay like the waves.

so yeah, most of their lower cost plug ins. would have liked to try the tube tech ones but it's too pricey for me. and my least favorite has been the spring reverb, since there isn't really a guitar amp kinda sound in there (to my ear, but i'll keep trying), but it does neat things.

have harmonics and british class a waiting in the wings. i'm also a console one guy and that thing is just brilliant. i'd probably trade my faderport 8 for their new fader thing. not sure what software comes bundled with it, though. giving american class a away is kind of a bummer, though. not sure you're getting $160 out of me for what's now esentially a give away.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eor View Post
big fan of their stuff. everything i've gotten of theirs has been both a winner and fairly easy to use, which means a lot to someone like me. my absolute favorite is the free saturation knob (obviously). that's like the best plug in ever. but the tsar r1, and drawmer s73 are both life savers. love the tube reverb and i've had good results with the eden bass amp, too. i think their tape is a fair bit better than the waves abbey road one, though it doesn't do delay like the waves.

so yeah, most of their lower cost plug ins. would have liked to try the tube tech ones but it's too pricey for me. and my least favorite has been the spring reverb, since there isn't really a guitar amp kinda sound in there (to my ear, but i'll keep trying), but it does neat things.

have harmonics and british class a waiting in the wings. i'm also a console one guy and that thing is just brilliant. i'd probably trade my faderport 8 for their new fader thing. not sure what software comes bundled with it, though. giving american class a away is kind of a bummer, though. not sure you're getting $160 out of me for what's now esentially a give away.

Really? I don’t think Console 1 fader bundled with any software?
Old 1 week ago
eor
Gear Addict

they mentioned something about it have two distinct console flavors, or something to that effect. i don't recall any specifics in the product video and there isn't anything listed on the site. so i wonder what it means.

took harmonics for a quick test drive and it is really cool. sort of an extention of the saturation knob. feel bad for you if you missed out on the $50 special, or whatever it was. super organic on guitars, like a nice pedal. now i'm contemplating their acoustic feedback, but i have a feedback pedal (freqout) that i hardly use and didn't super love, and i wonder what the difference is. i generally just stand right in front of the amp but am using a load box more these days.

still underwhelmed by that spring reverb, though. may just break down and buy something else.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search