The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any suggestions regarding to Acustica Audio?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by duboy1996 View Post
Loooooooool, funny inference! But.. I never think AA sounds superior than UAD. But it does sounds superior than iZotope and Waves. AA is good, it might not fits my workflow but I’d love to have a bunch of them as my collection. Softube’s Weiss Series is fantastic, I bought the whole series on BF. I am considering a Console 1, and I posted a thread about it. Maybe you can share your opinions?
my opinion is that if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck,
has a duck birth certificate and the DNA of a duck,
it is a duck (and not a dog going to a carnival party,
or as some might call it, a festa di carnevale).
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
my opinion is that if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck,
has a duck birth certificate and the DNA of a duck,
it is a duck (and not a dog going to a carnival party,
or as some might call it, a festa di carnevale).
Very unique logic. So you consider yourself as someone hired by Waves or iZotope to attack AA?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Very unique logic. So you consider yourself as someone hired by Waves or iZotope to attack AA?
Let me tell you how it works:

If one has a reasoned opinion in favor or against a product or company that is
his/her opinion, they may be right or wrong and their arguments can be debated.

If one materialises out of thin air, and registers in two separate forums
just before black friday to push specific products and pull down others
via highly dubious storylines and extraordinary improbably
timing and rapidity of conversion from asking for info
into enthusiastic supporter,

then that person has zero credibility and goes into the "suspicious motives" category immediately by anyone who knows anything about
"social media marketing strategies" (to be it very politely).

Stick around for a few years, in both forums that you so recently registered,
let's see what you have to say, and then maybe one day your story will
be more convincing.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Let me tell you how it works:

If one has a reasoned opinion in favor or against a product or company that is
his/her opinion, they may be right or wrong and their arguments can be debated.

If one materialises out of thin air, and registers in two separate forums
just before black friday to push specific products and pull down others
via highly dubious storylines and extraordinary improbably
timing and rapidity of conversion from asking for info
into enthusiastic supporter,

then that person has zero credibility and goes into the "suspicious motives" category immediately by anyone who knows anything about
"social media marketing strategies" (to be it very politely).

Stick around for a few years, in both forums that you so recently registered,
let's see what you have to say, and then maybe one day your story will
be more convincing.
Hey man, I AM an enthusiastic supporter of UAD, also a hater of Waves and iZotope and many plugin companies. However, I am not here to convince anyone, not even tried. I was try to gather as much information as I can. But I can't stop conspiracy theorists to read it some other ways.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey man, I AM an enthusiastic supporter of UAD, also a hater of Waves and iZotope and many plugin companies. However, I am not here to convince anyone, not even tried. I was try to gather as much information as I can. But I can't stop conspiracy theorists to read it some other ways.
This is fanboy talk. "Hater of this, supporter of that". All the major plugin developers are producing professional quality software . . . to the point that the differences are small enough, you pick your plugins by how they look and the ergonomics of their layout and functions.

UAD has a small edge with their dedicated processing. Acustica has proprietary impulse response technology that many seem to prefer. I jest about the cult-like aspect of some diehard Nebula users because they can be the ultimate "fanbois".

But if you can't get great results using Izotope or Soundtoys or UAD or Waves or McDSP or FabFilter or . . . . and if you trash one and boost another, then you're just trolling.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
This is fanboy talk. "Hater of this, supporter of that". All the major plugin developers are producing professional quality software . . . to the point that the differences are small enough, you pick your plugins by how they look and the ergonomics of their layout and functions.

UAD has a small edge with their dedicated processing. Acustica has proprietary impulse response technology that many seem to prefer. I jest about the cult-like aspect of some diehard Nebula users because they can be the ultimate "fanbois".

But if you can't get great results using Izotope or Soundtoys or UAD or Waves or McDSP or FabFilter or . . . . and if you trash one and boost another, then you're just trolling.

Well, why don't you show me some great results you get from Waves or Izotope? It will be very nice
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Izotope make literally the industry standard cleaning tools, the benchmark. Used in almost certainly every single film, TV and game production over the last 5 or more years.

Waves make by quite some margin the go-to bundles, the workhorse plugins. Waves plugins have been used on so many records, films and everything else it's ridiculous.

You might not like some aspects of them, or the way they are sold/licensed etc. There is a lot of that about waves for sure. But the track record of both speaks for itself. I use products from both as well as others.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sombrero View Post
Izotope make literally the industry standard cleaning tools, the benchmark. Used in almost certainly every single film, TV and game production over the last 5 or more years.

Waves make by quite some margin the go-to bundles, the workhorse plugins. Waves plugins have been used on so many records, films and everything else it's ridiculous.

You might not like some aspects of them, or the way they are sold/licensed etc. There is a lot of that about waves for sure. But the track record of both speaks for itself. I use products from both as well as others.
Ok, I don't hate people who use them, so you don't need to convince me.

You guys are so politically correct. "Every plugin has its thing, just you don't know the right way of using it"? That sounds so true

Do you think it is wrong to hate them? Yeah, they speak for themselves, and I don't like what they spoke, simple as that. I define my own tracks, not you, not Waves. I don't know if it is the industry standard, is that mean nobody can hate iZotope, or anybody who hates iZotope is a fanboy?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, I don't hate people who use them, so you don't need to convince me.

You guys are so politically correct. "Every plugin has its thing, just you don't know the right way of using it"? That sounds so true

Do you think it is wrong to hate them? Yeah, they speak for themselves, and I don't like what they spoke, simple as that. I define my own tracks, not you, not Waves. I don't know if it is the industry standard, is that mean nobody can hate iZotope, or anybody who hates iZotope is a fanboy?
Actually there is no need for hate at all.
Use what you like the most and what serves better your tasks.
All the brands you’ve mentioned here have some very good tools.
Also don’t forget that people change. We change. Something that may seems that is not our preferred sauce in a specific moment, it could be the perfect tool after a period of time that we’ll have improve our skills and aesthetic.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Actually there is no need for hate at all.
Use what you like the most and what serves better your tasks.
All the brands you’ve mentioned here have some very good tools.
Also don’t forget that people change. We change. Something that may seems that is not our preferred sauce in a specific moment, it could be the perfect tool after a period of time that we’ll have improve our skills and aesthetic.

I don’t NEED to hate them but I WANT. I used Waves and iZotope for years so I know exactly why they are bad. Yes, there are many crappy plugins worse than them, but I never used those crap and I don’t even wanna try.
Waves and iZotope have some good tools for some people, doesn’t mean that I can’t hate them. Of course people change. That is why I don’t hate Waves and iZotope years ago and I hate them now.

Man I get your points. You just get upset when someone says he hates something. But there’s no need to talk pedantically. You love something, right? But you do realize there is no need for love at all, because that thing you love is not all good? ]

You are right mostly, but don’t tell other people what to love or what to hate. Not everyone lives a happy hippie way of life and they don’t give a damn about peace and love.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Garbage thread.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Can you mix using waves and izotope? Sure you can! Many of their plugins are awesome. I just happened to buy into FabFilter and soundtoys before (as well as klanghelm, Valhalla, cableguys, D16, and plug-in alliance). To dismiss waves and izotope as rubbish i personally find a bit offensive.

I’m currently at a stage where I find it hard to justify any more purchases. Check out my studio for the full list.

Cheers, Mark
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Loooooooool, funny inference! But.. I never think AA sounds superior than UAD. But it does sounds superior than iZotope and Waves. AA is good, it might not fits my workflow but I’d love to have a bunch of them as my collection. Softube’s Weiss Series is fantastic, I bought the whole series on BF. I am considering a Console 1, and I posted a thread about it. Maybe you can share your opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse_87 View Post
This is one of the more disjointed messages I've seen on gearslutz. Something fishy going on here me thinks
Very
Op he acts as though he’s only heard about AA. Now he says he NEVER feels that AA is better than UAD. Makes no sense to me. I’m not even sure what’s his angle.
Totally confused.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Soundtoys is amazing, I just got them with educational price. I think I should get paid from UAD, AA, Softube and Soundtoys for “working” for them.
Uhh. Maybe NOT!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
So a guy wants to find out about products he's interested in before holiday sales and asks on two well known product forums, talks about tools he doesn't like and uses some enthusiastic terms. Is he:

A- A paid shill for AA
B- Someone asking for advice
C- A possible threat to GS members
D- None of the above?

Wow this place is seriously wacked......!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
Very
Op he acts as though he’s only heard about AA. Now he says he NEVER feels that AA is better than UAD. Makes no sense to me. I’m not even sure what’s his angle.
Totally confused.
Is it too difficult for you to understand my original post? I stated that I AM A UAD USER. And I love UAD. Never thought about switching my main workstation plugins to any other company.

And why couldn’t I express my interests or hate to any other companies? I did a heavy amount of demoing before Black Friday. Isn’t BF the best time of year for someone to purchase plugins?

I did hear a really good sound from AA’s EQ plugins, that beats Waves and iZotope. They are great toy and very collectible. But only the sound, I said that their Compressors are jokes to me, and still they are.

I don’t know what is this “convolution plugins” so I asked if there’s anyone can explain. Instead of getting an answer, I get some ridiculous comments doubting that I am working for AA. I don’t really care about the personal attack. But the unreason and stupidity really pissed me off. Some smart pants thought they were Sherlock Holmes.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Looks to me like the latter:

OP registers on Nov 26 and immediately posts
asking about AA.

He badmouths izotope. In his other thread in GS he badmouths
Softube
and says he prefers AA in a shootout against softube
which he states he prefered in shootout against several other companies.
Implication is that AA beats everyone.

With 1-2 days a miraculous transformation happens:
from "tell me about AA because I have heard bad things"
he is now convinced that AA sounds superior and he is
about to acquire several plugins.

All of that one day before BF!

Coincidence?

In a parallel thread in kvr the exact same story happened:
he registered at same time (2 days before BF)
and only difference that in kvr he trashes izotope and
waves and also claims the same 1-day conversion to the superiority of
AA.

If this is not intentional "sales facilitation" then it must be a
coincidence of cosmic proportions.
Dude seriously you sound like a stalker.......
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Dude seriously you sound like a stalker.......
and you sound like you tore your stockings and are pissed at me.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
and you sound like you tore your stockings and are pissed at me.
Cute....It was a friendly suggestion, maybe now not so friendly....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cute....It was a friendly suggestion, maybe now not so friendly....
maybe now it is time for your Abilify or maybe Asenapine dose?
(friendly suggestion)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
maybe now it is time for your Abilify or maybe Asenapine dose?
(friendly suggestion)
No time for the ignore button, you usually are better at posting than this, but as to trying to make this personal......how disappointing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No time for the ignore button, you usually are better at posting than this, but as to trying to make this personal......how disappointing.
you just called me publicly a stalker, what do you want me to say? thank you?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
ok....here are my thoughts on AA plugs

I think they are the closest thing to hardware that I have heard ITB...except Pulsar's Vari Mu plugin. I dont work for any company and am not a poster child for any developer. I've been at this since the late 90's and over the years have acquired a massive plugin collection. We also have a fairly decent hardware collection. So for me it is hard to get excited about a plugin when I have access to the real thing.

AA sound like hardware to me...to the point that on my latest mix i removed 3 pieces of hardware in favor of the AA plugins.

I had known of AA plugin for a while but like many of you I could not get the trials to work...so I gave up. They recently had a sale so I decided to get Gold as I rarely see a discount on these plugs. It was a PITA to download and install. I have had some buggy issues especially with the Coral bax Eq but being honest the plugins are so good that I dont care and it is worth the hassle.

Once I got it working there are no words to express how blown away I was. I could not believe I was listening to a plug in. I hit up another gear junkie producer friend of mine and turned him on to AA...he was floored as well. I have plugs from just about every major developer and many boutique developers as well...i've always though plugins were cool but none made me question hybrid mixing till now. I own over 61 uad plugs, Waves Mercury, Softube, Slate, PA, Mcdsp, Izotope, IK etc etc and etc...all are great but the AA plugins are in another space for me...they feel like my hardware.

Fast forward after Gold, I bought Pink, Viridian, Cream, Magenta and Coral all within the last week. I may get a few more before the month is out. I am an addict now and I know what I will be able to do with these in conjunction with everything else...hardware included.

ej
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Yes to answer your original question AA plug ins are great but very cpu hungry. I shape with algo and finish with AA FWIW.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
ok....here are my thoughts on AA plugs

I think they are the closest thing to hardware that I have heard ITB...except Pulsar's Vari Mu plugin. I dont work for any company and am not a poster child for any developer. I've been at this since the late 90's and over the years have acquired a massive plugin collection. We also have a fairly decent hardware collection. So for me it is hard to get excited about a plugin when I have access to the real thing.

AA sound like hardware to me...to the point that on my latest mix i removed 3 pieces of hardware in favor of the AA plugins.

I had known of AA plugin for a while but like many of you I could not get the trials to work...so I gave up. They recently had a sale so I decided to get Gold as I rarely see a discount on these plugs. It was a PITA to download and install. I have had some buggy issues especially with the Coral bax Eq but being honest the plugins are so good that I dont care and it is worth the hassle.

Once I got it working there are no words to express how blown away I was. I could not believe I was listening to a plug in. I hit up another gear junkie producer friend of mine and turned him on to AA...he was floored as well. I have plugs from just about every major developer and many boutique developers as well...i've always though plugins were cool but none made me question hybrid mixing till now. I own over 61 uad plugs, Waves Mercury, Softube, Slate, PA, Mcdsp, Izotope, IK etc etc and etc...all are great but the AA plugins are in another space for me...they feel like my hardware.

Fast forward after Gold, I bought Pink, Viridian, Cream, Magenta and Coral all within the last week. I may get a few more before the month is out. I am an addict now and I know what I will be able to do with these in conjunction with everything else...hardware included.

ej
Thank you! I will check out Pulsar's Vari Mu plugin. As for AA, I used them for few days and really like Magenta and Pink. Many of their plugins has their own characters. But for om my perspective, Gold is a meh... UAD’s 1073 channel strip on Unison beats AA’s Gold at H073 mode this time. El Rey sounds vintage but not so dynamic. I don’t have vibes with their compressors. Overall, I like AA better than most of the plugin companies, they are so fun to play with, but I wouldn’t recommend them to everybody.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yes to answer your original question AA plug ins are great but very cpu hungry. I shape with algo and finish with AA FWIW.
Exactly! I won’t apply them too much. Maybe just use few times to add some flavor.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
The most CPU intensive plugins by FAR. One instance of El Ray brought my top of the line 2019 imac to its knees. As did the other 2 of their plugins I had bought.

To their credit they did give me a full refund.

I’ve heard that on a PC the CPU annihilation issues don’t really happen. For mac users like me they are simply not an option.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search