The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What is inside a UAD satellite?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

What is inside a UAD satellite?

I’m wondering if the satellite is just a chassis with a UAD pcie card inside...?
Thinking about buying a second hand unit and there are a lot of those old FireWire satellite going for cheap on eBay. Using a hackintosh with no FireWire card... if anyone as pic of what is inside one of those that would be great! Cheers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I’m wondering if the satellite is just a chassis with a UAD pcie card inside...?
Thinking about buying a second hand unit and there are a lot of those old FireWire satellite going for cheap on eBay. Using a hackintosh with no FireWire card... if anyone as pic of what is inside one of those that would be great! Cheers
IIRC when using a firewire satellite the minimum buffer setting is 512.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I seem to remember fw bandwidth only allowed to use 4 satellites, am'i wrong?
Still you could pull off a 16dsp system...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If you’re thinking you can just pull out the card and slot it into a PCIe slot...no. FW doesn’t bundle the PCIe protocol like TB does. Hence you can have a TB chassis that contains a PCIe slot, but not a FW chassis that does the same thing.

If you can get a FW card that’s compatible, maybe you could get one if these working. But that’s the only way!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search