The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)

HI !

When i load up a big project (with a lot of synth, drums, instruments and a lot of effects in the mixer) i have a lot of clipping sounds when i play it.

This is my specs. I went on task manager during my project was playing and found a 67% CPU total.

In apps : Fl Studio at 29 and task manager and chrome both uner 1%.

But i also have 62 ''apps'' in background process with one called Host Service 64 at 32 % CPU.

Are those 62 ''apps'' in background process useful or should i delete them ? and what is the difference between host service 64 and fl studio 64 ..?

EDIT : even when i open fl studio with ONLY electraX loaded and playing some note it will clip !!! ... this can even happen on youtube, not even fl studio.

(heres screenshots of my audio configuration)

Specs : 12g ram, 1 to 7200 rpm, core i5 4460 at 3.20 ghz

thanks !
Attached Thumbnails
Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)-capture.jpg   Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)-annotation-2019-11-25-082511.jpg   Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)-annotation-2019-11-25-082420.png   Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)-annotation-2019-11-25-082447.png  

Last edited by vinc2097; 2 weeks ago at 05:38 PM.. Reason: add screenshot of my computer
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

no one ? :(
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
I suspect you're not getting any answers because you're not giving enough info to work with.

When you say clipping what exactly do you mean by that because I don't think the word means what you think it does?

Do you mean clicks and pops, static noises, audio cutting out or do you actually mean clipping as in the tops of the wave forms being squared off because of over saturation in the analog circuitry?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumbaguk View Post
I suspect you're not getting any answers because you're not giving enough info to work with.

When you say clipping what exactly do you mean by that because I don't think the word means what you think it does?

Do you mean clicks and pops, static noises, audio cutting out or do you actually mean clipping as in the tops of the wave forms being squared off because of over saturation in the analog circuitry?
no its not over saturation.. really clicks and pops !
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1) You need to be using an ASIO compliant soundcard. If you are, proceed to # 2. If you are not, proceed to # 4

2) Try raising your buffer. If you have, proceed to # 3

3) Post a screen of your task manager

4) Buy an ASIO compliant soundcard
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
1) You need to be using an ASIO compliant soundcard. If you are, proceed to # 2. If you are not, proceed to # 4

2) Try raising your buffer. If you have, proceed to # 3

3) Post a screen of your task manager

4) Buy an ASIO compliant soundcard
Hi thanks for the reply !

I already have a scarlett focusrite 2i2..
Attached Thumbnails
Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)-task-manager.png   Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)-2.png   Sound Clipping with EVERY projects (CPU problems ?)-3.png  
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

MY CPU is killing me ! its always above 70 % ! .. I had to suppress a bus compressor (ssl, The Glue) on my bus drums because my cpu was now at 92 % and fl studio was completely freezing
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinc2097 View Post
I already have a scarlett focusrite 2i2..
Buffer?

Try killing Chrome, and the Bonjour service.

Prolly not it, but it's worth a try.

google: w10 host services high cpu - or something similar.

Good luck.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search