The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
waves silver worth it, $32,49
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

waves silver worth it, $32,49

Hi. Does it worth it to buy waves silver bundle for $32.49? It's $50 but I got education discount.
Thanks for the help. If it's not worth it... what should I get for that money or maybe a little more. I use Pro tools 2019
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

we dont know how much the pro one is though
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I'd see what are the plugs you need from the bundle. It totally depends on what you already have.

L1 can be useful in heavy stuff and works well. MaxxBass is great if you **** up and end up with too little low mids. The DeEsser is fine and does it's job, but not a great tool. The PAZ can be useful if you don't have any other stereo analyzer. The Stereo imager can be used as a gimick on some things, but doesn't have an all round usage like the widener you already have in PT. The verbs are fine. Nothing special, just different flavours and alright tweakage. The others are just gimmicks. Don't know about the renaissance eq if it does anything any other digital eq wouldn't, haven't bothered trying.

Out of those the L1 and MaxxBass are something that I use sometimes. There's nothing that I'd need in there. I'd choose FabFilter over Waves by miles.

I'd say save your money for something like the FabFilter total bundle; that's something I couldn't work fast without, or maybe some Plugin Alliance stuff. Depends on what you need...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Paid for the Fabfilter everything bundle few years ago on educational discount. Still using most if not all of them on a daily basis.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenozeno View Post
Paid for the Fabfilter everything bundle few years ago on educational discount. Still using most if not all of them on a daily basis.
Yes, i've heard about the great quality of the fab filters plugins. The problem is that is $200 with educational discount. i.e. $166 more than waves.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search