The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Punch 2 Multi - do you find having "just" 8 audio outputs restrictive?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Punch 2 Multi - do you find having "just" 8 audio outputs restrictive?

I just updated to eXplorer 6. I never used Punch because it only had 8 outputs. I had gone on to use other plugins for drums instead and had forgotten about this restriction. I was so disappointed to find out that Punch 2 Multi also only has 8 stereo outputs. I find this very restrictive as I like to route individual drum modules to their own DAW mixer channels where I can then use plugins and experiment with audio routing within my DAW's mixer. Having a total of 24 drum pads but then only 8 stereo outputs is so frustrating!! Plus, to use the 4 great effect sends on Punch, you have to first route your drum pad to the master channel which is also where all the fx are routed to. I understand that Punch needs to be compatible with a wide range of DAWs (I am A Reaper user) but this would be my perfect solution:-

A Punch 2 Multi28 option with 28 stereo outs in total. 24 stereo outs for the ability to route each pad to it's own DAW channel. Plus another 4 stereo outs for the ability to route each of the 4 FX to their own DAW channel when using Punch 2's current "Parallel" FX path mode. You would need to be able to select, via the GUI, which of the 28 stereo outs you want to use for each one of the 4 FX in the same way as you currently do for each of the 24 drum pads.

What do you think of my masterplan? or
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search