The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Converters/User Interface: UAD Apollo Twin X Quad or RME ADI Pro 2?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Converters/User Interface: UAD Apollo Twin X Quad or RME ADI Pro 2?

Hello all,

I'm interested in one of the new Apollo Twin X units, more specifically the Twin X Quad. For about the same price I'm also looking at the RME ADI Pro-2 FS, which is said to have superb converters. In terms of converters/overall user experience, which one do you prefer?

Background, I'm recording mostly vocals/guitars through a BAE 1073, so I don't really need anything with more than two inputs, just solid AD/DA. UAD plugins are always a plus.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Last edited by newguy123; 2 weeks ago at 05:04 AM.. Reason: less words for clarity
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
From those two, I'd get Apollo as sole audio interface for recording guitars and vocals. RME ADI-2 is primarily high quality 2channel converter with audio interface, there is no hardware monitoring at unit (you always need to monitor through DAW). Apollo will be much more practical IMO with its realtime effects and Console.

Michal
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
From those two, I'd get Apollo as sole audio interface for recording guitars and vocals. RME ADI-2 is primarily high quality 2channel converter with audio interface, there is no hardware monitoring at unit (you always need to monitor through DAW). Apollo will be much more practical IMO with its realtime effects and Console.

Michal
Thanks Michal! Do you know if the ad/da is significantly "better" on the ADI Pro-2 than the Apollo X?
I will also be mixing with this unit so D/A and headphone amps are important, but if the difference isn't "night and day" between the Apollo X and the RME I will definitely be swayed by the practicality of the realtime monitoring.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search