The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do I really need Soothe?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Do I really need Soothe?

I know how revered Soothe is, and it's going to be on sale for 100 euros for Black Friday which is a huge discount. That for me, however, is still a lot, and I am wondering if it would radically change the ease with which I mix.

I am wondering if the following 3 tools that I have are not enough, and what Soothe brings to the mix (pun intended).

1) Neutron 2 Advanced and Neutron 3 Elements: Both identify resonance and sibilance, etc in a signal and show you where you might want to give the track some attention. From there I can stay within Neutron and apply dynamic eqs or go outside of it to use the dynamic eq/deesser of my choice.

2) Neutrino as a spectral shaper

3) Hornet 31: which has an auto eq function designed to remove resonance, etc. https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-thirtyone/
Old 3 weeks ago
Try the demo?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It’s pretty dope
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoneedacoffee View Post
I know how revered Soothe is, and it's going to be on sale for 100 euros for Black Friday which is a huge discount.
It's like that every Black Friday
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripripstabstab View Post
Try the demo?
I have been putting the demo through its paces over the past few days. Still testing, but thought I'd try to see what opinions are out there, especially from people who already have the same plugins I listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
It’s pretty dope
I get that. But does it add something significant to the tools I already have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky View Post
It's like that every Black Friday
So I should get it this year... or wait an entire year?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
i dont know of anything that does what Soothe does. I love it. Great for deharshing anything..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have been putting the demo through its paces over the past few days. Still testing, but thought I'd try to see what opinions are out there, especially from people who already have the same plugins I listed.

I get that. But does it add something significant to the tools I already have?

So I should get it this year... or wait an entire year?
If you have the demo, what do YOU think? Do you feel it’s adding anything extra you can’t get from the other plugs you have?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
If you have the demo, what do YOU think? Do you feel it’s adding anything extra you can’t get from the other plugs you have?
As I said, I have been putting the demo through its paces over the past few days. Still testing, but thought I'd try to see what opinions are out there, especially from people who already have the same plugins I listed.

I'm swamped with work right now, but will report in a few days what I found on my end.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I saw on another forum someone mention melda plugs have a similar thing with more features ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
As I said, I have been putting the demo through its paces over the past few days. Still testing, but thought I'd try to see what opinions are out there, especially from people who already have the same plugins I listed.

I'm swamped with work right now, but will report in a few days what I found on my end.
I own it and don't need it. In fact I find what it does to be too plastic, 'nice' and only really overuse it as a sound design tool to create strange, gooey artifacts.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
I own it and don't need it. In fact I find what it does to be too plastic, 'nice' and only really overuse it as a sound design tool to create strange, gooey artifacts.
Well, if you're thinking of selling, please PM me first! As I said, I'm seriously considering buying it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Soothe has been a totally critical plugin for me.

I use it extensively on vocals (especially backing vocals, where you can be pretty aggressive with it), guitars, drum overheads and sometimes also in mastering.

Make sure to do oversampling and high quality for best results (but be warned that consumes horsepower).

I am always aiming for creating a mix where you can keep turning the volume up and it never gets harsh. Soothe is just the ticket for that, and saves me major EQ automation time/effort while doing a more thorough job than I could do manually.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Well, considering it came out a few years ago and music has been made, mixed and successfully released since long before any of us were born....no.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
yes! if you are thinking of selling it! please PM!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search