The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
wavetable creation software
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

wavetable creation software

I am getting back into making presets, sample packs, wavetables etc..I am also a computer programmer so I think I should mention that I enjoy writing scripts or small pieces of software if there is a need for it.

I am right now thinking about my next purchase of a full featured DAW or modular software. I kinda think I need both. reaktor 6 is on sale. I have a love and hate relationship with max/msp. wavelab does not support DSD but it does support C++, VBscript, javascript. the third party plugins are crashing. magix (it was sony at one point?) soundforge and spectral layers does support DSD and scripting. I have used and love izotope RX professional but unless I work for someone that has it I don't think I will be using it ($1400). never tried spectral layers. not sure how that holds up. steinberg and magix are both selling spectral layers WTF? wavelab is advertising perfect ara2 integration with RX. does that suggest that spectral layers is not as popular or as good as RX?

no automation in wavelab? soundforge I would assume at least has automation right? I used protools, logic, ableton my whole life but protools went subscription. ableton does not really support mono (don't get me started). logic is for mac only which is now a problem since I have switched back to pc. I don't really want to buy cubase if I only ever run one sound through some fx and sample it. all the built in plugins don't mean anything to me since I already love fab filter everything. I also love vocal rider. that worked great in protools. occasionally I get voice over mixing jobs no video yet.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search