The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A SSD5 expansion pack question that is probably stupid
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

A SSD5 expansion pack question that is probably stupid

So I picked up SSD5 recently and I'll be keeping an eye out for a sale on one of the expansion packs this upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday, but I noticed something while researching them.

All the reviews and demos I saw uniformly showed people using entire drum kits from the expansion packs. I can't find a single instance of someone mixing in samples from the expansion packs with the stock stuff. To be fair, some of these demos were from SSD4, but by no means all, and the question still stands.

Surely you can use all of the individual snares and kicks and whatnot from the expansion packs the same way you use all the samples that came stock with SSD5, right? You can mix and match them willy-nilly and make your own kits and layer them with other samples from a different group, right? You can take a CLA snare and layer it with your kit that is otherwise almost all Deluxe 2 samples, right? And just to check further, could you NOT do this in SSD4?

Cause it would just be freaking ******** if you couldn't.

It's hard to turn such a complex question into google-speak, so since I haven't found an answer on my own I figured I'd ask here.

Thank you all for any insight!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m relatively new to the ssd5 world and I own most of the packs... except cla

However, it’s my understanding that you can mix and match elements from the CLA kit just like everything else...

Maybe it’s because the CLA stuff has a rep for already being really processed folks don’t mix cla elements into the more organic type kits?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I just think when people make a demo video they use whole kits from the expansion packs because it's more efficient, shows more of the new stuff all at once. I also think people tend to make demo and review videos pretty soon after they buy things so they haven't really picked everything apart yet.

Thank you for answering. If you can use expansion pack drums from all the other packs with whatever other samples there's no reason the CLA pack would be any different, and that's the one I'm looking at, mainly for its snares. Pretty happy with the kicks and toms in the stock offerings.

Thanks again!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search