The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Midi settings on Cubase 10.5 : Behringer synths do not respond to incoming midi?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Midi settings on Cubase 10.5 : Behringer synths do not respond to incoming midi?

I got 4 new behringers: Model D, K-2, Neutron, MS-1.
Working with Cubase pro 10.5, RME UCX as an audio/midi interface.
I'm not sure how to set the MS-1 midi channel nut the others have switches on the back so i set them to midi channels 2 (Model D), 3 (Neutron) and 4 (K-2).
Connected the audio to my UCX interface. By the way, when i use the 440 tune sound on the Model D i can hear it.
As for midi, i use what i have always used: MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru. I connected all 4 synths to it, and on the other end connected the UCX's midi out to the Quadra Thru's midi in so it's "supposed" to send the midi data to all 4 synths.
I set up an audio channel for the Model D and a midi channel. The audio channel works since when i turn the 440 tune switch on - it makes that sound.
But when i set the midi channel to 2 i get no sound.
Yes, i turned on all the oscillators, set the volume in the osc mixer, turned the cutoff all the way up and made sure it isn't no hipass. Set the envelopes but nothing.
I tried connecting my Komplete Kontrol S-88 mkii directly and set the Model D to channel 1 just in case - but nothing. Tried the same with the K-2 but nothing (only on the K-2 there's no 440 tune switch to even check if it makes a sound).

Help appreciated!
Perhaps there are some settings in Cubase i'm overlooking? Perhaps this is a bug on the Behringers and there a firmware update or something (although i just got them so i guess they left the factory with latest update...?)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search