The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Software vocoder options?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Software vocoder options?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a software vocoder but firstly wanted some views from experienced users on ease of use, functionality and overall quality...

For those with some knowledge of vocoders, which would you recommend and why?

Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Devious Machines Pitch Monster, that's all.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I did a long search of pedals and software

Izotope vocalsynth. Super deep lots more than just a vocoder and you can rent to own it...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

In softwareland we all wait for the new Orange.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Vocalsynth is neat, but then again it rarely gets me to sounds I like. If you can demo it, go for it.

Manipulator is not a vocoder, but can get vocals to some similar, cool sounds. I like it more than Vocalsynth because I use it more often--and sometimes just for sound design.

MVocoder is one I settled on after feeling that Ableton's vocoder options were lacking. It is pretty nifty, and I recommend it (lots of variety in sounds it can produce). Check out the presets.

XILS has a vocoder I've seen recommended a lot. Imageline's vocoder in Fruity Loops (don't recall its name) looks good too (I've seen SeamlessR use it a lot on his metallic basses).

Ya, and everyone wants to see what Orangevocoder looks like when it comes out, if ever.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Prosoniq Orange Vocoder is still being redesigned by Zynaptiq
Old 2 weeks ago
re vst vocoder

I have Waves morphoder. I love waves stuff but I haven't used it much.

I love Max Msp and I believe they still have the vocoder plug in bundled when you buy Max Msp.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrayle View Post
Devious Machines Pitch Monster, that's all.
I'll certainly check out Pitch Monster - sounds fab!

---------------------

Thanks for all the suggestions above.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have finally got to grips with Logic's Vocoder, that I wasn't too keen on at first, but after testing a few others found it sounding better as I tweaked away.
That Tal Vocoder is good too - probably because of its simplicity!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I have VocalSynth 2 as well and agree it doesn't get me where I want to go. That could be my lack of not knowing it inside out but... I tweak the parameters provided and don't get close. But it's cool for effects.

Tal has a vocoder that's pretty good, and free. I would go with that under the Orange Vocoder 4 is released. I saw a demo online somewhere the other day and was wow'd.

Either that or hardware.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I have 4 vocoders so far and the most natural one is Pitch Monster by Devious Machines. Manipulator is also my other favourite. Both are better than Vocal Synth 2 strictly for vocoder effects. Sure Vocal Synth does more than just being a vocoder but so do the others I mentioned. The one I never use is the stock Logic Vocoder.

Last edited by Night Stalker; 1 week ago at 01:19 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search