The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ferrofish pulse 16 holy s**t
Old 3 weeks ago
Ferrofish pulse 16 holy s**t

Dare I post about a $1000 AD/DA converter in the high end section? YES. I have had this converter now for about 3 months and I can’t believe how damn good it is for $1000. It sounds phenomenal and I have purposely tried to bog this down using all the I/O at once with hot signals and it holds up literally perfect. The clock is super tight and I’m getting ZERO noise, pops, clicks. Nothing. It’s made in Germany and I’m not entirely sure how they can make it so cheap. But it’s worth way more than $1000 I’ll tell you that It looks like they are a very small company and they are trying to get on their feet. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with the amazing price or not. Also, the latency is ridiculously low.
Just wanted to share. Thx
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Using one here too... Very nice indeed. Solid performer.
Old 3 weeks ago
What was your reference point prior to the Ferrofish?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@ JSchlomo has one also, I think.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripripstabstab View Post
What was your reference point prior to the Ferrofish?
I used to have an apogee symphony. I sold that when I switched to PC. I have owned numerous interfaces over the years. Focusrite, presonus, stienburg etc
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Do you have the DX version?
Old 2 weeks ago
[QUOTE=guigui;14334653]Do you have the DX version?[/QUOTE
No. Just the reg pulse 16. But it has a madi port on it. I didn’t want to spend 3500 on another converter and I’ll tell you. The Ferrofish is way better than the $1000 it cost. I’m clocking off of it too. It has an additional anti jitter circuit. Ferrofish converters are made in Germany and I’m assuming the only reason that they are so cheap is because they are a new company and they are trying to get units out there. This is pretty much what I was told by Matthias from Ferrofish. Even mid grade Cirrus converters are so good now you don’t need to spend $3000 anymore. Sure it’s nice to have a Lynx or Antelope but is it necessary. In my opinion it’s not. My MOTU 828es has ESS Dac 32 converters in it too. Which you will find in the top end Apogee interfaces.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I have a Pulse 16 as well, outputs of 2 racks of 500 series mic preamps feeding ADAT to 2 UA Apollo x8 units. I'm using 16 A-D ins and 8 D-A outs for hardware inserts that pop back into my Patchbay. Using both sets of ADAT ins for 96k. Sounds phenomenal. Built like a tank. Replaced an Orion 32. The Pulse is amazing at any price.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgkeys View Post
I have a Pulse 16 as well, outputs of 2 racks of 500 series mic preamps feeding ADAT to 2 UA Apollo x8 units. I'm using 16 A-D ins and 8 D-A outs for hardware inserts that pop back into my Patchbay. Using both sets of ADAT ins for 96k. Sounds phenomenal. Built like a tank. Replaced an Orion 32. The Pulse is amazing at any price.
Replaced an Orion 32, huh .... I'm highly interested.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Replaced an Orion 32, huh .... I'm highly interested.
Feeding ADAT into the Apollos for multitrack drums and it holds it's on with them. I replaced an original Orion 32/RME MADI FX setup with 2 Apollos and the Pulse for 32 inputs. went from PCI cards to Thunderbolt 3. Sounds phenomenal and the Console workflow is fantastic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search