The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audient iD4 Vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Audient iD4 Vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Which one am I better off utilizing for simply recording vocals for rap?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Bump...
Old 6 days ago
Interface questions go here.

As far as I'm aware, interfaces don't care too much about what music you're recording..I'd go for the one with the features you need.
Old 6 days ago
Audient makes great lower budget interfaces. I've bypassed my standalone preamps for the sound of the Audient's many times on all types of vocals.. Haven't used the Scarlett.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Will there be a noticeable difference?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

The Audient is inarguably the better box. Better pre's, better conversion. to my ears there is a noticeable difference (I moved from a 2i2 to an iD14). But also consider that your mic is going to make a more audible difference, so you might consider that if you're using a cheap mic.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Tried and owned both. Audient is superior
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Bump...
Old 20 hours ago
Audient makes great preamps for their interfaces and consoles. Sold a half dozen interfaces and still have the iD14 right here.
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by T E C H N I C A View Post
Will there be a noticeable difference?
No. Audient are IMO the most overhyped, overrated interfaces around. They are good, but not worth the serious additional cost. You will be fine with the Scarlett, esp for just rap.
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
No. Audient are IMO the most overhyped, overrated interfaces around. They are good, but not worth the serious additional cost. You will be fine with the Scarlett, esp for just rap.
"esp for just rap"? What kind of disparaging remark is that? Holy crap.
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear
I realize it's all the rage but spare me your hypersensitive indignation. That was not a slight at rap per se. My only point is that acoustics are less demanding for rap than other genres, much like they are for voice overs.
Old 13 hours ago
Quote:
I realize it's all the rage but spare me your hypersensitive indignation. That was not a slight at rap per se. My only point is that acoustics are less demanding for rap than other genres, much like they are for voice overs.
Vocal requirements are pretty much the same across every genre. Rapping sounds boomy in a boomy room, just like singing does, and so on.

“Just” is a very abused word.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear
Agree to disagree...
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's not "hypersensitive" at all Its called "respect".

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search