The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Windows 10 upgrade nightmare
Old 4 days ago
Windows 10 upgrade nightmare

Just upgraded to windows 10 and got a new Focusrite Scarlette 2i4 last week and I have been dealing with a FL Studio20 nightmare.

First problem : real time midi recordings all screwed up. Hit record and instead of starting on measure 1, it would record measure 85. ( I didn't catch this the first few times because measure 85 is way out of view).

Updated drivers, restarts, and etc. I did it all was really screwing me up.

While dealing with first problem, second problem popped up: clicks and pops, got soo bad it became unbearable.

Finally got rid of that(most of my stuff in FL Studio was in 48k sample rate. But the Scarlette by default is at 44.1k, so switched it to 48k and all was good.

Except now when I record realtime midi, it takes the first half of my bar and places it in the second half.

Also the playlist cursor is off set by about 32 bars. Press play and it starts on bar 32, tried to grab it but it won't let me.

Anyone else having weird issues with FL Studio or the Scarlett like this?
Old 4 days ago
Ok more stuff has happened

Pops and crackles returned and the mixer screen suddenly the bottom is off the screen

So to fix the above I switched to the Realtek drivers pops and crackle gone

And for the mixer screen going off the bottom of the screen if you double click the top left of the screen in the box that says UNION in it, it shrinks the mixer screen down.

OK everything seems to be working correctly, I have no clue what I did to get it working other than I restarted it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ooohh there is still one issue but found a work around. The plugin's show up in the channel rack as a sampler now. I tried all the rescan crap and verify crap. The work around is to going to your plugins in the browser window, click on installed and drag your vst to the channel rack

By the way it seems to work really good with Ableton 10 lite. I am not that proficient with Ableton but I am seriously about to give up on FL Studio.

Last edited by ZipSnipe; 3 days ago at 05:55 PM..
Old 3 days ago
OK (fingers crossed) I think I officially got everything working. The problem with the plug ins was when you go to add a plugin to the channel rack, I needed to select "more plugins" and in that first screen make sure the plugins you added have a check mark in the box next to them.

On another note this was sooo aggravating that I had considered switching to Ableton. I did try it out, its ok, the latency it gets kudos for. But in my opinion FlStudio is just so properly laid out. The problem with FlStudio is that it is very freaking sensitive, drivers , every thing has to be on the money. Now I just have to fix songs that have samples in them which is just a matter of directing FlStudio to the folders where they are located.

Hope this all helps someone who comes across similar problems!!!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
OK (fingers crossed) I think I officially got everything working. ...
Thanks for posting the resolution of the problem. That's an asset to the community.
Old 3 days ago
The thread title is very misleading. Windows has nothing to do with this.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

It's like watching someone learn how to use their gear in the form of posts.
Old 3 days ago
More like watching software confuse each other and then confuse the end user
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
The thread title is very misleading. Windows has nothing to do with this.
Your kinda right. I did 2 things at once. I upgraded from win7 to 10 and I added an interface. FlStudio was working fine in Win7. So it’s easy to blame the upgrade to Win 10 as the culprit. In fact I guess the interface was the main culprit. And of course operator error, things I should have double checked before even posting anything.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search