The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best way to integrate iOS synths in DAW workflow
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear
Best way to integrate iOS synths in DAW workflow

I recently realized that my ipad mini latest gen, is not too shabby as far as raw power; so I tried few apps for iOS like Korg Gadget LE, and realized that maybe I can use the iPad for some work, since those synths sound pretty nice.

Although before jumping in, I did realize that there is a fundamental problem: If I connect my ipad to my windows machine, it does not get recognized as music device, like a synth would do, so if I want to export the sound, the only option is to get the audio signal out of the headphones as wav, or if the app support it ,as plain midi data, but you loose the instruments.

Gadget has the option to buy the vst/au but I already have Arturia and NI Komplete, so spending another 200 for something I may use few times, feels like a waste of money.

Does anyone here use the ipad integrated with their DAW, and is able to get both audio and midi, and control it like if it was a usb hardware synth? I can do that with my Korg monologue; which works both as midi controller and as audio device, so when I write a part for it, I can get in my DAW both the midi track and the actual audio of the track in wav.

Trying to see if it is worth to buy more apps on the iPad, but if the integration in a DAW is cumbersome (and with some apps you can't even export as midi, just as audio), then I am better off saving the time to make this to work and the money to buy apps
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search