The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has Apogees' Dual Path project been cancelled? Can someone at AES ask?
Old 20th October 2019
Lives for gear
Has Apogees' Dual Path project been cancelled? Can someone at AES ask?

-The feature is advertised with no qualification but is not released
-No release date is offered
-It was released as a Native only version 1 year ago (around AES) with the expectation of Dual Path release a month later.
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Maniac

AES is over... :(
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPower View Post
-The feature is advertised with no qualification but is not released
-No release date is offered
-It was released as a Native only version 1 year ago (around AES) with the expectation of Dual Path release a month later.
I have it in beta, it works fine but the plug ins can only go in the "inputs", this is kind of a bummer because I wanted to use a eq to correct my room resonances like in Sonarworks but this is not possible, also the plugins are just basic nothing to write home about, I know the pultec ones are endorsed but if you plugin doctor them you can clearly see the the eq curves and phase distort because the don't oversample so there is obviously better options from other developers out there, they might become handy as a recording tool for reference but unless you record at higher sample rates this plug you are going to get some degradation at the hight end of the spectrum.

It's been in beta for almost a year if I remember correctly and there's been just two builds released in that period of time so I don't really know what's their plan , but it seems that this new Clearmountain's plugin has become the main focus at the time, so I guess they are going to return to develop or finish the dual path now.
Old 21st October 2019
Lives for gear
Beta 1 was in February - unusable - caused full scale noise blasts for many common moves.
Beta 2 (May) is mostly useful but is susceptible in many ways to cause the system to become unresponsive.

Since then - the company has not released any Beta updates, the Beta software is un-installable on 10.14.5 and beyond - and there is no communication on any expected release date or Beta update. Add to that - no Dual Path plugin additions/development - no 3rd party - and now the release of a new Native only plugin.

Disregarding all of that - my real objections are:
- Totally missed release dates when they did announce them (several - going in to years now)
- Discontinuation of any communication from them on expected release dates (since March 2019)
- Full page features on Main, Element and Ensemble webpages (most if not all of this year) showing Dual Path as a feature with no qualification that it is not released.

Last edited by ProPower; 21st October 2019 at 03:37 AM..
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Head

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. I've been hoping to off-load some of my processing easily with a piece of gear I already own (Element 88), but the Beta is too buggy for on my machine. I'm excited by the prospect, and have been since it was first announced, but a little more communication from Apogee would just help me feel a little more connected to whatever is going on with the dev work.
Old 30th October 2019
Apogee has just released the Beta 3 version :
https://apogeedigital.com/blog/annou...3-availability

Lot of improvements and Apogee Control 3.0 inside.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search