The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
80s drum machine plugins?
Old 15th October 2019
Gear Addict

80s drum machine plugins?

In particular, I’m looking for the best emulations/samples of the DMX, Linndrum, and maybe 707 too. If they offer more, fine.

On Windows, in case that’s relevant.
Old 15th October 2019
Lives for gear

Maybe you like these to.
You need Kontakt full to use.
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Addict

Hm, tough crowd.

No others?
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Nut

I have Wave Alchemy Revolution and use it all the time, I think it covers the rum machine's you're looking for (I'm having trouble finding the full list of drum machines they sampled but I think all the ones you mentioned):

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/revolution/pid179/
Old 20th October 2019
I like the UVI BeatBox Anthology 2
https://www.uvi.net/beatbox-anthology-ii

A lot of nice samples from 111 Hardware Drum machines, include also some 80s drummer.
Old 20th October 2019
There are plenty of samples of those drum machines--good and bad--but if you're looking for VSTi plug-in instruments, your options are a bit more limited. If you just want samples to use in a particular ROMpler (Kontakt, UVI, Battery, etc.), it would help to know which format you need. Once we know that, we can probably point you to some good ones, and some will even be free.

But if you want plug-ins, there are some older Linn-based VSTi plug-ins, but they're 32-bit. Can you use those? And of course, there are still some good, 64-bit versions of emulations. It would help a bit more to know what you're looking for, though.

Steve
Old 21st October 2019
Lives for gear

For the Linn, I have never found anything better than Aly James VProm. And it is available 64 bit.
http://www.alyjameslab.com/alyjameslabvlinn.html
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Maniac
You’re probably better off just getting the real samples and using them in your DAW or sampler of choice.

‘Samples from Mars’ would be your best friend for any vintage drum or synth samples. Excellent quality. Check them out for sure.
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Addict

Thanks for the replies.

And sure, can use samples just fine, either ‘as is’ (in the DAW or one of my sampler plugins) or via Kontakt, or some other (preferably freeware) host if necessary.

Oh, and 32-bit is fine, btw.
Old 21st October 2019
Here for the gear

Samples From Mars is a company who IMHO provide the highest quality drum machine samples around.
Wave Alchemy offers 2 Kontakt Sample-Based Drum Machines in Revolution and Digital Revolution, both are excellent and have sequencers and such.
Software-based the Roland TR-808 and TR-909 off the Roland Cloud are incredible.
I would not even bother looking past these options.
Old 21st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil View Post
I would not even bother looking past these options.
I also have WA Revolution. He asked for " best." With Aly James, you are pretty much using a Linn.

With that said, if you want others such as the DMX, yes Revolution might be the way to go. It really depends on how close of emulation you desire. Imo, Revolution is very good, but misses some features that are found on a Linn.

I have never used those other sample packs, but depending on the sonic goals, there is a big chance you would be happy with them too.
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

arturia sparkle and xln reel machines are brilliant..black Friday will be here soon and xln usually do great sales I bought reel machine last sale for about £30.
https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/ad.../reel_machines

id avoid the beatskillz drums there rubbish I bought them all ,the retro synth stuff is good but the samples on the drums are terrible some have bad sample edits and there a nightmare too mix they sound bad that's why there always on sale very cheap.
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
arturia sparkle and xln reel machines are brilliant..black Friday will be here soon and xln usually do great sales I bought reel machine last sale for about £30.
Just to be sure I’m on the same page here ... You need to buy Addictive Drums to use Reel Machines, right? And Spark LE is hardware (that comes with some software)? Or did you mean Spark 2?
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

No you don't need to buy full version off addictive drums. You just need the free version that's all I have.
Spark 2 comes with sparkle and you get tons of classic kits from the forums for free. If your getting spark buy sparkle controller don't buy software on its own.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search