The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 19 - Softube Console 1 Fader
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

They have different drive sections (Harmonics,Tape) for Console Fader.
Please let us also do this on Console 1.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

ATOM lets you assign any 8 additional shortcuts you like on the pads in S1. Looks like a great combo with Fader 1 in S1.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
They have different drive sections (Harmonics,Tape) for Console Fader.
Please let us also do this on Console 1.
Yes!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Don't hold your breath, they didn't even add compressor gain to C1 after many requests :¬)

Crazy how just a few little tweaks could turn something useful into invaluable.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Don't hold your breath, they didn't even add compressor gain to C1 after many requests :¬)

Crazy how just a few little tweaks could turn something useful into invaluable.
The thing is this actually appears on a Console Fader video.
And if they're so tightly integrated it's no so crazy to think that this parameter change can be done also in Console 1.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
So to be clear, I can use this with Pro Tools just how I use my original Console 1, it just won't control the DAW faders...but still I can use the faders and all the features to mix...as if I was on a real console leaving DAW faders at 0? If so, sounds pretty great...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Man the more I look at this, the more I really like the form-factor compared to my FaderPort 8, but I really don't want to lose the integration with S1 I get with the FP8.

This is leading me to wonder if the C1F combined with the new single-fader Fader Port will get me 99% of the way there...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb_12 View Post
so to be clear, i can use this with pro tools just how i use my original console 1, it just won't control the daw faders...but still i can use the faders and all the features to mix...as if i was on a real console leaving daw faders at 0? If so, sounds pretty great...
exactly!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB_12 View Post
So to be clear, I can use this with Pro Tools just how I use my original Console 1, it just won't control the DAW faders...but still I can use the faders and all the features to mix...as if I was on a real console leaving DAW faders at 0? If so, sounds pretty great...
Yep
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
Man the more I look at this, the more I really like the form-factor compared to my FaderPort 8, but I really don't want to lose the integration with S1 I get with the FP8.

This is leading me to wonder if the C1F combined with the new single-fader Fader Port will get me 99% of the way there...
I like the form factor as well, and it seems the feel and resolution of the faders are superb, with almost no noise.

But in terms of functionality, the X-touch I use beats the C1F big time. Also, using FL Studio, so no tight integration..

Using a hardware controller to set send levels is a must for me, which isn’t possible with Console 1 in FL Studio, but with the X-touch it is. So happy to keep my money in my pocket this time
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I soooo sceptical about all this "full pro tools integration" this is AVID we are talking about! Enough with the marketing BS, show me some real proof please?? (sorry for not reading the 7 pages of guessing and speculation)
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
I soooo sceptical about all this "full pro tools integration" this is AVID we are talking about! Enough with the marketing BS, show me some real proof please?? (sorry for not reading the 7 pages of guessing and speculation)
Post #186 answers this for you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Post #186 answers this for you.
Thanks

But that's really not "full integration", it's just like it has always been: controller only controls plug in, not the DAW. Press a button, or fader on C1/F1, Pro Tools will not follow, and you loose track of where you are and get lost in no time... Not possible to control send/AUX's. No short cuts to group's or VCA's. Not possible to activate read/write automation... That is far from "mixing on a real console"

"Full integration" is what they did with Studio one and Cubase, not Pro Tools.

I know this is on AVID and not Soft Tube. But please stop giving people with Pro Tools, the assumption that this is "integration with the DAW" because it's not! We have faders to control the plugin output now and it has a few advantages over HUI. But an Artist Mix interface, at least controls fades in Pro Tools and have way better integration.

The DAW in the presentation video looks like Studio One to me, and I guess there is a reason for that. From a Pro Tools user's perspective I have difficulty seeing the great advantage here? Please correct me if I am wrong!? Oh, and of course, I apologize in advance if I have missed something.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I know this is on AVID and not Soft Tube.
To be fair, it's really both to some extent. At least what softube could do is like what spanner does, where it's aware of when the plugin GUI is open and automatically switches the C1 surface to that instance. With an artist series controller you can set it to auto open the plugin when the track is attentioned...

Or they could also do what TC does with their plugin+hardware and make a button on the plugin GUI that links the hardware to the plugin instance when you press that button.

Obviously neither of those are complete solutions, but either would definitely make the situation better for PT users. It's pretty clear that ST only wants to have Avid do it the softube way...Given that the C1F is now in direct competition with the avid controllers, I doubt that Avid will do anything to support it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Thanks

But that's really not "full integration", it's just like it has always been: controller only controls plug in, not the DAW. Press a button, or fader on C1/F1, Pro Tools will not follow, and you loose track of where you are and get lost in no time... Not possible to control send/AUX's. No short cuts to group's or VCA's. Not possible to activate read/write automation... That is far from "mixing on a real console"

"Full integration" is what they did with Studio one and Cubase, not Pro Tools.

I know this is on AVID and not Soft Tube. But please stop giving people with Pro Tools, the assumption that this is "integration with the DAW" because it's not! We have faders to control the plugin output now and it has a few advantages over HUI. But an Artist Mix interface, at least controls fades in Pro Tools and have way better integration.

The DAW in the presentation video looks like Studio One to me, and I guess there is a reason for that. From a Pro Tools user's perspective I have difficulty seeing the great advantage here? Please correct me if I am wrong!? Oh, and of course, I apologize in advance if I have missed something.
Yeah, I know it's not, hence it answers your question. I'm pretty sure it will never come. AVID being the main reason. I use it with Cubase and remember the days before full integration, it's usable, but cumbersome.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Will the main difference bw this and S1 be EuCon compatibility and lack of track display?
Old 3 weeks ago
So will the new width feature become a feature on Console 1 without the faders or is it a fader exclusive add on?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Love the concept of Console 1, it looks & sounds amazing in use, why on earth isn't it supported by Logic Pro?

Apart from Pro Tools which already has it's dedicated controllers, Cubase, Studio One, Sonar, & now Ableton Live fully support it while Logic doesn't?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Correct, Logic is not supported fully. Any changes on either Console 1 or Fader are only reflected in the Console 1 plugin and not the DAW itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboomish View Post
Love the concept of Console 1, it looks & sounds amazing in use, why on earth isn't it supported by Logic Pro?

Apart from Pro Tools which already has it's dedicated controllers, Cubase, Studio One, Sonar, & now Ableton Live fully support it while Logic doesn't?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
So will the new width feature become a feature on Console 1 without the faders or is it a fader exclusive add on?
My guess is that width and the more flexible saturation will be reserved for C1F...I'd love to be proven wrong on that though!

Those are the 2 biggest things I'd been hoping for with C1.
Old 3 weeks ago
^
I think so, too. They wanna have enough selling points for Fader, right?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

My Console 1 has set quietly in a corner of my studio since I bought it.
I wanted to place it on individual tracks in my Ableton template, this individual tracks go into busses and the busses go out into my Hardware (Neve 5060)

The problem is, in Ableton if I create a new track, and lets just say that new track is in the middle of my song, as far as order Console 1 will add that track at the end and things won't be in order as I have it in Ableton.

The next problem is it doesn't support all of the UA plug-ins. I love the Neve sound most of my hardware is Neve so Id like to use the ua-Neve plug-ins. Specifically the Neve RS88 channel strip. I cant place that plug-in on console even though console 1 is basically a channel strip. Makes no sense!!!

When they fix both of these problems then Ill buy fader.. Until then its an absolve waste of money in my set up.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMGOD_OFFICIAL View Post
My Console 1 has set quietly in a corner of my studio since I bought it.
I wanted to place it on individual tracks in my Ableton template, this individual tracks go into busses and the busses go out into my Hardware (Neve 5060)

The problem is, in Ableton if I create a new track, and lets just say that new track is in the middle of my song, as far as order Console 1 will add that track at the end and things won't be in order as I have it in Ableton.

The next problem is it doesn't support all of the UA plug-ins. I love the Neve sound most of my hardware is Neve so Id like to use the ua-Neve plug-ins. Specifically the Neve RS88 channel strip. I cant place that plug-in on console even though console 1 is basically a channel strip. Makes no sense!!!

When they fix both of these problems then Ill buy fader.. Until then its an absolve waste of money in my set up.
Again, the level of integration with certain DAWs is not on Softube alone, but on the DAW makers also. They state with which DAWs there's which grade of integration so while I feel you you can't blame them, at least not entirely.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Again, the level of integration with certain DAWs is not on Softube alone, but on the DAW makers also. They state with which DAWs there's which grade of integration so while I feel you you can't blame them, at least not entirely.
and.. for this reason.....i'm out

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Exactly. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for full Pro Tools integration since the C1 ecosystem is in direct competition with Avid's own hardware offerings.
Old 3 weeks ago
JGM
Lives for gear

Full integration with Pro Tools will never happen. Pro Tools users just have to decide what they can live with and what they cannot. I use Console 1 with a Pro Tools Dock, so I’m still mulling everything over.
Decisions..... decisions!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I'm not so bothered about Pro Tools, they have their own hardware, so essentially why would they bother adding Console 1, I think they should or they will lose more users to Studio One, as will Logic! it's still not compatible, I bet that's typical Apple not wanting to play ball.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I guess that with the Console 1 Fader, it could make full integration with Pro Tools for the Console 1 even more unlikely. As the C1 Fader is in competition with Avid's own offerings.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Hey all, Tom from Softube here.

We’re following up the Fader launch with another live stream! Join us this Sunday at 20:00 in Europe (CET). That’s 15:00 in New York, and 12:00 in LA.

George will be joined by Niklas Odelholm, Console 1 product owner and one of the four original Softubers. We’ll chat about the ideas behind the system as a whole, and about Apollo Central, which allows you to control your Universal Audio Apollo interface from Console 1 hardware, opening up all kinds of exciting possibilities for tracking and live work.

RSVP and add it to your calendar here: http://evt.to/gssgeahw
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This doesn't look very useful since it has no displays to show track names?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search