The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Lost midi upgrading to Catalina, looking for solution.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Lost midi upgrading to Catalina, looking for solution.

I recently upgraded my iMac 2019 to 10.15 (Catalina). I should of waited, but too late now. Works great except for one thing, my Roland midi interface "Um-one -mk2" does not have a 10.15 driver version, so I have no midi at the moment. I don't know if anyone else had this problem and what would be the best options to fixing this? I guess I could downgrade back to Mojave, but I'd prefer another solution if there is one. Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Same problem here. I'm on Catalina. The device shows up in audio MIDI setup, and can output midi to the keyboard (clicking the down arrow sends a test output signal), but doesn't receive the input MIDI. Have not found a solution so far.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

do either of you have a separate midi interface .. even an old USB Midiman type that you can test with ??? i would do it for you but just do not have the Balls to do that update ... i think i will stay at Mohave on my macbook pro ... or at least until the dust schedules ...

i get a notice almost every program i open that it will NOT be compatible with Catalina !! so i have to wait for now ... would be a big expense to update all programs to this .. only thing that mohave does that has happened before is: 97 % charge and macbook goes to sleep and you have to connect power cable and hit power button for it to wake !!! weird !!

hope thay solved this in Catalina !!

cheers john
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just to update:

It was pretty simple afterall, after I erased macOS Catalina, if your Mac came with macOS Mojave, as was my case, you can restart your Mac while holding down Shift-Option-Command-R to simply install the operating system that came with your Mac.

After that just select the option that lets you transfer all your data and files from your back up drive or Time Machine, onto Mojave.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Bacos View Post
Just to update:

It was pretty simple afterall, after I erased macOS Catalina, if your Mac came with macOS Mojave, as was my case, you can restart your Mac while holding down Shift-Option-Command-R to simply install the operating system that came with your Mac.

After that just select the option that lets you transfer all your data and files from your back up drive or Time Machine, onto Mojave.
please let me know if this process works .. when i tired going backwards using the migration assistant - it could not see an OS earlier than itself .. i tried this when i installed Mojave, needed to go back to High Sierra ... did not work for me .. hoping better success for you !!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

My downgrade was very successful.

When you bought your Mac, did it come with Mojave?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
My downgrade was very successful.

When you bought your Mac, did it come with Mojave?
if you are asking me !! my macbook pro came with Yosemite i think... 2014
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
if you are asking me !! my macbook pro came with Yosemite i think... 2014
Oh I see. Our situations are quite different. What I was saying works only if your mac came with Mojave. I search on google to resolve this. People here are so much more competent than me in that area, I'm sure someone will help you.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Oh I see. Our situations are quite different. What I was saying works only if your mac came with Mojave. I search on google to resolve this. People here are so much more competent than me in that area, I'm sure someone will help you.
i am happy with mojave on this computer now .. i had some Proxy issue that Apple helped me through .. now all is good ..

probably the end of Mac OS for this computer ... so i better be happy !! lol
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search