The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Your favourite DMG audio plugins?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Your favourite DMG audio plugins?

Hi!

Have the privilege to get educational discounts on the dmg audio plugins, which I've demoed for the last days. These plugins are amazing, especially the Trackcomp, my god.

DMG owners - Which of the bunch are your favourite dmg audio plugins?

Currently can't decide whether Equality or Equilibrium, I mostly produce music and do rough mixes to send to clients. With all the options of equilibrium I'm sort of worried it would give me too many options...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Go with Equillibrium. I haven't used Equality after Equillibrium came...You don't have to use all the options if they bother you, you can tailor the UI and setup to your needs and use whatever you need. And if there comes a day when you need the extra options, they're all there . Also, if memory serves me right, the max amount of EQ bands in Equality is 6 or 8 where in Equillibrium the amount is 30.

-- M
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Equilibrium, TrackComp and Limitless
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

limitless.

i plan on getting compassion, trackcomp, and equilibrium.

i don't really use multiplicity though i do own it and want to use it more.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbf View Post
limitless.

i plan on getting compassion, trackcomp, and equilibrium.

i don't really use multiplicity though i do own it and want to use it more.
Been considering compassion myself. Trackcomp I'm definitively getting my hands on. Any reason you can think of for why you haven't used Multiplicity as much? Been eyeing out that one also, but I've also been thinking of just getting Fabfilter MB. If you have both, what more value does Multiplicity bring to your work?

Sorry for the interrogation man
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I think Multiplicity is generally better for Mastering, the sound quality is superior to Fabfilter's, and it has more fine tuning. You can use it on mix I just feel a bit wary about the CPU usage it does. That CPU hit makes me a bit wary about wielding it how I would use the Fabfilter, which is something I think you can kind of just slap onto anything you want and use that way. I am not sure that's how you can use Multiplicity, it's best on mix busses and master because of the CPU it uses.

That's just my experience with it, I might be imagining it.

Sonically and technically it's a masterpiece though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

IF I had extra money to blow I'd pick up MB at this point for use on the mix as it is (from my memory) completely transparent CPU-wise, in the sense you can just slap it on like it's some Airwindows or DAW plugins.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
IF I had extra money to blow I'd pick up MB at this point for use on the mix as it is (from my memory) completely transparent CPU-wise, in the sense you can just slap it on like it's some Airwindows or DAW plugins.
Thanks for your input man!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm definitely biased as I have worked quite closely with Dave, but in real use I use EQuilibrium, TrackComp, TrackControl and TrackLimit the most. TrackLimit sounds imho as transparent as FabFilter Pro-L yet it has negligible latency so is practical to use while mixing. Obviously, Limitless goes even further for mastering applications but I have found TrackLimit to be transparent enough even for mastering on my tunes.

Best of all, Dave is one of the most humble, friendly and helpful guys in the plugin world, so you are definitely investing in a great company.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I love Equilibrium, it's capable of being a great "Digital EQ" and then if your willing to commit some CPU cycles a fantastic "analogue EQ" !!

It's a deep plugin - but truly amazing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgimian View Post
I'm definitely biased as I have worked quite closely with Dave, but in real use I use EQuilibrium, TrackComp, TrackControl and TrackLimit the most. TrackLimit sounds imho as transparent as FabFilter Pro-L yet it has negligible latency so is practical to use while mixing. Obviously, Limitless goes even further for mastering applications but I have found TrackLimit to be transparent enough even for mastering on my tunes.

Best of all, Dave is one of the most humble, friendly and helpful guys in the plugin world, so you are definitely investing in a great company.
Thanks for the input! After demoing I'm seeing myself using mostly the tools you mentioned. Actually, Dave is a big part of why I'm interested in DMG plugins. Seems like a cool down-to-earth guy, with great knowledge. And I support innovations, and DMG seem to always give their plugins their own innovative angle.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
I love Equilibrium, it's capable of being a great "Digital EQ" and then if your willing to commit some CPU cycles a fantastic "analogue EQ" !!

It's a deep plugin - but truly amazing.
Definitively considering Equilibrium!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berba View Post
Thanks for the input! After demoing I'm seeing myself using mostly the tools you mentioned. Actually, Dave is a big part of why I'm interested in DMG plugins. Seems like a cool down-to-earth guy, with great knowledge. And I support innovations, and DMG seem to always give their plugins their own innovative angle.
Dave is truly one of a kind. I've worked in the IT industry for around 15 years and am extremely honored to know Dave outside work. Not only is he insanely knowledgeable (huge audio geek, just watch his vids on YouTube to see what I mean) and passionate about what he does, he remains one of the most humble and approachable devs on the planet.

In my experience, those with more knowledge tend to become the opposite of this over time but Dave simply isn't that person.

He also has a glorious beard which plays a role too

But seriously, Dave supports his products for decades (he hasn't ever EOLed a product to date). The reason? He respects his pro community too much to force them to change their tooling due to products being discontinued. Fortunately, DMG plugins are rock solid so you will likely never need to contact him anyway. I like to think I played a tiny role in that with the early beta tests and all the fun bugs we worked out with Dave.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I own and use Limitless, Compassion, TrackComp, Equilibrium, Multiplicity and TrackControl. If I didn't already use Voxengo EBusLim as a track limiter, I would also buy TrackLimit.

DMG make amazing high quality tools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgimian View Post
Fortunately, DMG plugins are rock solid so you will likely never need to contact him anyway. I like to think I played a tiny role in that with the early beta tests and all the fun bugs we worked out with Dave.
I had one issue with Equilibrium a while back (due to extremely long buffers). Dave found and fixed the issue promptly. Great support!

Alistair
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

This is a great post, because I never heard of DMG plugins. Some of their stuff looks quite nice.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Essence is the absolute best de-esser I've ever tried for my voice. It works in a way that no other does, and I've tried them all.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

multiplicity is my favourite plugin of all time. it's the only plugin i would find irreplaceable

Last edited by electricsound; 2 weeks ago at 11:28 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsound View Post
multiplicity is my favourite plugin of all time. it's the only plugin i would find irreplaceable
Same. Its unbelievably good.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Equilibrium is the best eq plugin I have tried ... sound better than my beloved Fabfilter Pro Q3!
Trackcom is awesome too.

The only DMG Audio plugin that I don-t like is the Track DS ... perhaps my skilles are not good enough for the TrackDS?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
Essence is the absolute best de-esser I've ever tried for my voice. It works in a way that no other does, and I've tried them all.
Holy ... just testing this ... so much better than the TrackDS.
Also so great on acoustic guitars and bass :-)
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsound View Post
mind giving a FEW tips on how you use it? I love it and own it but I am a bit confused on its best use, examples would be appreciated honestly
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Since I own Multiplicity I don't need DeEss right? I can definitely get the same results out of it I think
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
mind giving a FEW tips on how you use it? I love it and own it but I am a bit confused on its best use, examples would be appreciated honestly
my favourite purpose is expansion for adding presence around 2-4k without getting harsh or overly bright. i always had trouble in this area.

sometimes i might combine this with some low-mid compression and maybe expansion/compression on the low end at the same time depending on what it needs. overall it works really well for bringing the important stuff into focus and has reduced my dependence on other dynamic tools
Old 2 weeks ago
XDX
Here for the gear

Essence. Setup the 1176 rearbus thing but use Essence instead of an 1176. I never use it for dessing though.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Limitless. I use it on everything. Mixing, mastering, etc. Sometimes I use it just for the clipper on individual tracks. Also use Equilibrium all over the place.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Equilibrium and Trackcomp.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKD View Post
Limitless. I use it on everything. Mixing, mastering, etc. Sometimes I use it just for the clipper on individual tracks. Also use Equilibrium all over the place.
limitless is definiely my limiter of choice for last in the master chain. it's a beast. and it maintains frequency blance.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search