The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Recording and routing issues (Soundflower?)
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Recording and routing issues (Soundflower?)

Hi All

I am trying to set up my mac's in my mac suite at work to record video my students practicing/performing/showing instrumental development over time, through the webcam, using Quickplayer. The guitar and basses are going through an audio interface (amp sims) and the midi controller keyboards are just going in to the USB. All using Logic (High Sierra).

The problem comes with the audio being picked up on the Quicktime recordings. I wish to have the instrument sound from Logic, plus the internal sounds from the mac for them playing to tracks/other videos/online courses. This is proving to be tricky. I want it to be as self-contained as possible, with the least amount of steps possible so they can do it themselves.

Has anyone had any luck with this type of thing? I have tried soundflower which nearly worked but I could not get the sound from the interface to record onto the Quicktime video. I have googled, watched, read and experimented in allways I can think of.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I'd suppose you'd need to first figure out if the Quicktime recording part of the equation has an Audio in, you can jack into the stream to. rogue amoeba or Dante Via might be able to get into it. or at least show you it's there or not. you can Demo either or both. I use Dante Via but haven't tried seeing if I can jack into a Video streams audio channels, as it is recording.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Rogue Amoeba "Loopback" would be the proper answer I think. Soundflower was a thing. Loopback is the way to do routing now...
The combination of Loopback, AudioHijack, and SoundSource is complete control over the audio inside your Mac.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search