The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Use USB Audio/Midi interface as midi only interface
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Use USB Audio/Midi interface as midi only interface

In my studio setup I have an Orion 32 with an rme madiface USB, which is great but I need to add midi.
At home I want to get something like an spl crimson for tracking.
Can I disable the audio side of a small audio/midi interface like this and have my studio PC see it as a midi only device to save me having to buy a standalone midi interface for the studio? Running Windows 10.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
It might work if you choose just the RME for audio and just the Crimson midi in your DAW preferences. What is the midi controller you plan on using?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I don't really use a controller as I mix otb. I'll mostly be recording midi keyboards and triggering outboard synths and drum machines.
Looking at this now I might just go for something like an esi midimate. Anyone know if there's much of a difference quality wise between the midimate and their larger interfaces like the m4u?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBoo3000 View Post
I'll mostly be recording midi keyboards and triggering outboard synths and drum machines.
Doesn't your midi keyboard have USB?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search