The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 vs Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 vs Focusrite Scarlett Solo

Hi

All I'll be doing is recording vocals using one microphone and using my studio monitors. Am I fine just grabbing the focusrite solo or will the focusrite scarlett 2i2 be more beneficial for me in the long run, quality wise?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
just take the 2i2, youll never know when you'll get a second mic
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Also, not too sure what the outputs are on the solo but the 2i2 has the option for multi speaker set ups if you want to run several speaker systems in the future..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Do the 212

The solo is usb powered and sometimes that can be problematic for certain systems. Plus you never know when you’ll need two inputs
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I am 100% sure i will never need to use a 2nd mic.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
The solo is usb powered...
So is the 2i2.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 View Post
Also, not too sure what the outputs are on the solo but the 2i2 has the option for multi speaker set ups if you want to run several speaker systems in the future..
You must be confusing the 2i2 with something else...it has a single pair of outs so no such option.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Yes sorry your right.. that’s 2i4..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
So is the 2i2.
Didn’t know that. I have a Solo , an 18i20 and a Pro 40 so I wasn’t sure if the 2i2 was usb powered like the Solo
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

the 2i2 has separate volume controls for headphones and monitors. this is valuable if you plan to listen on headphones and monitors.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Remember guys all I'll be doing is recording vocals using one microphone and using my studio monitors. Am I fine just grabbing the focusrite solo or will the focusrite scarlett 2i2 be more beneficial for me in the long run, quality wise?
Id rather save money if i can atm...i just repost this because no one actually answered my question lol.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

People have told you reasons you might want the 2i2 over the solo. If those reasons are not important to you then you have your answer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search