The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Question on RME ADI-2 Pro
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

Question on RME ADI-2 Pro

Hi,

As per the subject listing, I have a question regarding digitizing line level input (from a phono pre-amp) to USB out to a PC?

Note: the used RME model is not the "FS" version.

Question: Can RME ADI-2 Pro digitize into 32B-768kHz PCM and DSD256?
(Using Vinyl Studio Pro software)

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear
For digitizing of vinyl with its whopping S/N ratio, crosstalk and generally amount of usable frequency content >200k in audio, I'd probably wait.
Maybe something with native 64 bit float and MHz passband would appear.. Until then I'd be still probably bit nervous .
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear
To your question, yes ADI-2 Pro supports both quad DSD and 768k PCM formats, when you switch it to 2 channel mode. There are several limitations for direct DSD playback (where certain processing normally done at DAC isn't possible), it's all described in the manual.

But of course, modes has to be supported by the software you'd use, I have never tried VinylStudio you've mention, but it seems to support those ASIO or CoreAudio modes.

Michal
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Tried a couple of days. Just can't seem to get my Win10 PC to recognize this unit :(

Can anyone help ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tane0019 View Post
Tried a couple of days. Just can't seem to get my Win10 PC to recognize this unit :(

Can anyone help ?
What do you mean by that?
You've bought the ADI-2 Pro and connected it to your PC, right?
Is it visible in as an entry in Windows Device manager (win+x shortcut, context menu)?
Do you installed the right driver for it?
http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads...%2Band%2B3%3D4
It's the second driver type for USB devices (the first is for UCX, UFX etc.) and the current version for Windows is named: driver_madiface_win_09685.zip

If that won't work, I'd definitely try
- reset device to factory default settings (Push volume encoder and small encoder 1 during powering of unit).

- check there is right device mode (ADI-2 can have several operational modes, by default it's the auto, which means, it will automatically switch to USB audio interface mode, when it's connected to computer, that should work out of box). Check manual about modes, if you inadvertently switch it to say preamp mode, USB interface won't be working.

- there can be some issue with particular computer. I'd test different USB ports there. Possibly also at some other Windows or Mac computer, just to be sure, the unit is fine.

If I won't succeed with neither of attempts, I'd contact RME support. They have regional contacts at their website, plus international email and phone support.

Good luck!

Michal
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Michal,

Did installed the correct driver stated above.

Tomorrow will try the reset to factory default. Hopefully it will work.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Audio interface should appear in Device manager, as mentioned.
Either as unknown device with yellow exclamation mark symbol or in sound video and game controllers category, when driver gets installed. Possibly you can see it also in some erroneous state, if you double click on that, there should be some note about the reason.
If you can't find it there at all, then USB device wasn't successfully enumerated in system and further attempts with driver are worthless, because there is some kind of hardware issue. In that case, you should further focus on hardware setup (mentioned operational mode or ADI-2), test different USB port, different cable etc.

Michal
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

By changing from USB 3.0 to 2.0 port, problem resolved. Thanks.

Did a trial yesterday.

Set the unit to "DAC" mode and managed to record through USB into DSD256.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tane0019 View Post
By changing from USB 3.0 to 2.0 port, problem resolved. Thanks.

Did a trial yesterday.

Set the unit to "DAC" mode and managed to record through USB into DSD256.
Cool, I'm glad, you've been able to resolve the issue.

Michal

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search