The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
[$500 budget] Good laptop for recording & video editing?
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Nut

[$500 budget] Good laptop for recording & video editing?

Hi

What's a good computer for recording (mixing & mastering also) and video editing? The budget is $500...

No macs
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear
Secondhand Lenovo. X2nn series (X250, X260). Or T. Enterprise customers often replacing them, so like-new on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+x260&_sacat=0
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Secondhand Lenovo. X2nn series (X250, X260). Or T. Enterprise customers often replacing them, so like-new on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+x260&_sacat=0
Thank you. It's not for me but a friend i will tell him.

Can i get some more recommendations?
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear
You can go to eBay and filter for laptops under $500. They're all fine.
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Nut

More posts please....even if you just agree with the guy above. I just need to make sure i recommend the right type of computer to my friend.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

More opinions please.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

More opinions please.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Video editing can be very CPU intensive, depending on how HD (eg HD, 4k, 8k etc) it is...compared with audio, which is comparatively a very light load.

You posed a very simplistic question, but more detail (regarding the proposed depth/complexity of the editing (esp video)) is proposed, before any in-depth answer can be given.

Most serious video editing is done on desktop (or heavy duty gaming laptop) computers...I suspect a typical $500 laptop will bog down very quickly, and run at snail's pace, on a video editing task ? Not so with audio recording, editing, mastering...it will be fine for that !
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
Video editing can be very CPU intensive, depending on how HD (eg HD, 4k, 8k etc) it is...compared with audio, which is comparatively a very light load.

You posed a very simplistic question, but more detail (regarding the proposed depth/complexity of the editing (esp video)) is proposed, before any in-depth answer can be given.

Most serious video editing is done on desktop (or heavy duty gaming laptop) computers...I suspect a typical $500 laptop will bog down very quickly, and run at snail's pace, on a video editing task ? Not so with audio recording, editing, mastering...it will be fine for that !
Just plan on doing video editing for a youtube channel. Most likely it would just be attaching a few different clips together & throwing on some back ground music nothing too crazy lol.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search