The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Why ISN'T the MOTU 112B better then UAD or Antelope?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Why ISN'T the MOTU 112B better then UAD or Antelope?

Hey folks, I am looking to use an analog board to mix my pro tools sessions. I'd like to have 24-32 outputs from protools to the board (but I'm willing to settle for less then that but not less then 16) and just really need two channels back into protools for the mixdown to be recorded. This seems like a simple process but has been complicated for me to nail down with all the different formats and means to do it so I'd really appreciate some help here.

I recently purchased an Orion HD+ from Antelope, but am strongly considering returning it while I still can because I don't think it's worth the price and the company is hard to get on the phone to address issues (other thread, no reason to get into it here).

I'm familiar with UAD, but the price point for less channels is actually higher and out of my range, or I'd have to get an 8 channel unit. I know the quality is supposedly high and the plug ins are favored, but I have pro tools and plenty of plug ins.

How about this MOTU 112B?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...rface-with-avb

Anyone use it? Anyone have other suggestions with this channel load that are between 1500 and 2500-ish?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search