The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
My motorised sit and stand desk just started causing pops and clicks
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

My motorised sit and stand desk just started causing pops and clicks

I've had a sit and stand desk a long time, it has worked wonders and I love standing while I produce but let week I started rearranging my room, moved the table back to the wall where it's supposed to be against.

I just got my room together and fired up my interface and was delighted that I after 1 weeks work was finished.
Lowered the desk a bit and heard a pop/click.. Tried it again, there it was again.. A lot louder when going down than up, made sure I had no microphone active (just line level) on my audio interface but it was still there, so it wasn't caused by a microphone. Figured my new synthesizer could be the problem but no, when I turned it off it still pop'd.

Tried switching my desks power cord to another power outlet and restarted my devices but it was still there.

I don't feel like untangling everything just to "hope" fixing this but I might have to, though I figured I'd ask here before I start if someone has experienced the same and if you found out what caused this?

I guess it probably has something to do with that I've got a lot of power cables (no audio cables at all or even near it) in my cable basket under of the table at the back, doing my best to keep cables off the ground but maybe I've got too much of them there, I've tried being smart about it (for example not mixing computer monitor's with audio equipment's power cords but having them in separate power outlets) but it's hard because apparently there's a billion cables needed to be connected even though being in a small >40 feet (12 meters) home studio-/"bedroom without bed"-room.

My monitors are active, my interface is an Apollo x8 and all 8 inputs seems to get these pops (looking in console) but some get a lot less than others but this differ.

Any suggestions? Appreciate any help I can get.

I know I don't need to lower and raise the desk as much when I'm producing because I usually just take one position and stick to it but I don't want to let this be one of those things I just try to iive with because I'm afraid it could damage my equipment if things get worse or I just have my volume really loud.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Okay might not be a huge update but I tried disconnecting cables from interface and those channel were quite, either due to the interface not taking up any signal if a TRS or TS cable is not connected.

If someone has a guess, feel welcome to join in and give your guess.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search