The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New audiointerface but no DAW playback + Windows sound at the same the same time
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

New audiointerface but no DAW playback + Windows sound at the same the same time

Hey guys,

just got a Rubix44 and I have a problem. When using ASIO mode in ableton I can't use the interface outside ableton (for example windows sounds or spotify). I had a Focusrite 2i2 before and I could use ableton with ASIO but still use it for windows like a usual soundcard. Is this behavior usual?

I can select MME/DirectX and I will have sound from ableton and windows. However the latency is way up and I can't select any input. It displays "Line (Roland Rubix 44) DX" and "Line (Roland Rubix 44) Wave" but I can't activate them.

Installed the lastest drivers (v107). I'm at Windows 10 Pro (1903).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Check Windows sample rate is matching your ASIO sample rate.

In Windows sound properties for the device/advanced tab there is an option to allow programs to take exclusive control of this device you may need to untick.

If none of that helps you may be out of luck....some drivers just don't like sharing!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Check Windows sample rate is matching your ASIO sample rate.

In Windows sound properties for the device/advanced tab there is an option to allow programs to take exclusive control of this device you may need to untick.

If none of that helps you may be out of luck....some drivers just don't like sharing!
This fixed it - thanks a lot! And thanks for the fast response too. Saved my day

Set the speakers to 24 Bit 44100Hz, was at 16 Bit by default.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search