The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Please help me identify crackle while recording
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Please help me identify crackle while recording

Hello all, I need help figuring out a noise in my system/interface. It will appear randomly and ruin my recordings, it's driving me nuts, and i'm not experienced enough to diagnose.

It only happens on "live" tracks coming in from the interface like mics and guitars. It does not happen on software instruments, so my thought is it is the interface. It is a PreSonus Audiobox USB going into a new iMac or Macbook running Logic Pro X (noise happens on both computers.)

I've include audio files of the noise with the gain bumped way up so you can hear it:

In the first file I physically touch the interface a few times and the noise goes down.

In the second I adjust the volume of the track in the DAW (not on the interface) and it crackles when i do.

I wasn't able to capture it at it's fullest evil, when it sounds like someone loudly crumpling up a paper bag, when it does this it also "cuts" the audio, like it is messing with the actual audio, not just noise under audio.

I need your geniuses, I have no idea what it is. Do I need a new interface? Is is interference from other sources? Help please.

Thank you!
Attached Files
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search