The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Effective data storage
Old 27th October 2002
Gear Maniac

Effective data storage

Hi all,

I was wondering on what people are using (and finding most effective) for backing up audio data off a Mac

At the moment I'm still using CD's but the time factor is becoming ever more frustrating; was wondering what are most people using?

Does anyone know of a removable hard disk which can be mounted into the front of a quicksilver G4? If so that would probably be ideal.

Regards

Nathan
Old 27th October 2002
Lives for gear

My AIT3 is a god send. I usually still use the AIT2 tapes just for compatibility issues. It's fast, and I can back up very large amounts of data on a tape the size of a DA88 tape. If it's a project that's going to be worked on elsewhere, sadly, I burn Cd-rs. It's the most universal format out there. AIT3 in conjuction with Mezzo is perfect for anyone that has gotten burned using some other type of back up system (as long as you'll be the one using it).
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear